Steam achievements for Modded/not purchased on Steam

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
I bought my copy of SDV on GOG, instead of Steam. I have set it up so that I can use steam as a shortcut to play my modded game, but I am not showing any achievements (375 hours in, I know I've done a couple things lol) ..is there a way to show Steam achievements?

Draconifors

Sodbuster
Pretty sure you cannot get Steam achievements if you don't own the game on Steam. It wouldn't even make sense since the game isn't actually owned on your Steam account.

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
Pretty sure you cannot get Steam achievements if you don't own the game on Steam. It wouldn't even make sense since the game isn't actually owned on your Steam account.
That's pretty fair. But to also be fair, achievements don't show up on GOG either, it shows I have played the game like 2 hours in 5 years lol

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
GOG's version is inferior. It isn't fully DRM-Free either, since it needs the "completely optional" client, Galaxy, in order to play Multiplayer normally, other than Lan (unless you are port forwarding savvy). If you are an old gog fan like me, who doesn't like telemetry, clients and have my profile closed off for public viewing, then we are pretty much scr...d, since GOG has changed drastically both as a service and as a mentality, over the years. It isn't what it used to be, anymore.

I myself, am considering to buy the game anew, at Steam this time. Steam never promised or even provided once, certain "gamer-friendly" perks, just to forcibly remove them under the table, down the road; leaving you exposed and inconvenienced, in the process. Much less advertise "consumer-friendly policies", to gather fans and prosper fiscally, then suddenly change target audience and be reduced to a mere ripoff, a Steam-wannabe of sorts and way more expensive, at that. Steam is a no-nonsense service, with rules set in stone, no false-advertisement, no funny a$$pulls and zero deceit. I will continue buying games there, despite having a ~500 titles library, at GOG's.

Last edited: