Stardew Valley Crashes on Transition to the Town

Talmai

Newcomer
When my friend connects to the Always on Server and tries to transfer maps to the town, he gets a crash every time.

Here's the link to the log: https://smapi.io/log/bdd9ec31b2814528b6b19f864cf50ef5

I suspect this might be a conflict between Ridgeside Village and Little Red School House. I'm not 100% sure about that. It could be a missing Yuuna.xnb file from Ridgeside Village. Anyway, I'm looking for advice on how to troubleshoot this. I'm thinking to remove one mod at a time from both the client and host and see if the crash happens again.

I tried testing the 80 some mods between my client and the server 10 mods at a time with a new farm each time and they all worked. When I go to the town on my client, it works fine, no crash. I can also transfer to the town fine on the server. My friend crashes every time when transitioning to the town. That doesn't make sense to me. I copied the mod files from host and sent them to him so they should be identical.

UlyanaLeyana

Planter
When my friend connects to the Always on Server and tries to transfer maps to the town, he gets a crash every time.

Here's the link to the log: https://smapi.io/log/bdd9ec31b2814528b6b19f864cf50ef5

I suspect this might be a conflict between Ridgeside Village and Little Red School House. I'm not 100% sure about that. It could be a missing Yuuna.xnb file from Ridgeside Village. Anyway, I'm looking for advice on how to troubleshoot this. I'm thinking to remove one mod at a time from both the client and host and see if the crash happens again.

I tried testing the 80 some mods between my client and the server 10 mods at a time with a new farm each time and they all worked. When I go to the town on my client, it works fine, no crash. I can also transfer to the town fine on the server. My friend crashes every time when transitioning to the town. That doesn't make sense to me. I copied the mod files from host and sent them to him so they should be identical.
Hi, could you please upload your and your friend's entire SMAPI log (after getting error) and link it here?

I would recommend to your friend to do some steps from here
verify the game files, reinstall SMAPI after and try performing a clean reinstall for RSV

Last edited:

Talmai

Newcomer
I was able to figure out the problem here by watching him via Discord. He forgot to put the launch option line in to start Stardew with the mod loader.