Stardew Valley Combat Calculator (spoilers)

Edit: I realized inherently this has spoilers in it. Consider youself warned!

Greetings!

Here is a combat calculator for Stardew Valley. You make a copy, select items in the blue cells, and see the impact your choices has on your combat stats, and efficacy versus a given enemy selection. This is just v1.0, there is a LOT of work left to do on this. For example, I want to add toggleable buffs and debuffs which modify your attack or defense. I need to set up the enemy filters to avoid duplicates appearing if the same enemy is in multiple areas you select. I eventually want to include an Accurate "average hits to kill" calculation, rather than my very rough 'HP divided by average damage' current sub in. For those who aren't already aware, such a calculation is improper because it doesn't account for overkill, and doesn't properly calculate the chances an enemy is dead after a given swing and determine the average number of swings. Still, it provides a rough estimate and seemed a helpful enough starting point that I went with it for the sake of the initial building of the sheet.

This is very much so a WIP, so Please let me know of any errors you find or inaccuracies you discover! I need to do testing on Jade Rings specifically, right now I assumed best case scenario for them until I'm able to prove otherwise. If you see an enemy not impacted by bug killer which should be, or impacted by it which shouldn't be, or any other errors just let me know in this thread and I'll correct it. If you modify anything which isn't in blue don't blame me if everything breaks. Feedback on what other features or data would be helpful is always appreciated. Assistance with the proper average damage calculation or any other enhancements is certainly appreciated as well.

Finally, a note, this is just damage figure calculations. It is not the be all and end all of combat efficacy nor is it meant to be. It doesn't include as an example arguably the single most important stat in the game, player speed. From the sheet, you'd think two iridium bands combined with two ruby rings was the best way to quickly slay monsters, and sure it is from a damage perspective. But typically if you're killing them, it's to get drops from them, and in that case a burglar ring is way more valuable than a ruby ring. A napalm ring to minimize time clearing rocks could come in handy. A lucky ring for better floors might be nice. None of which directly affects damage statistics, and as such won't show on the sheet. So please don't read more into this than what it is, which is to say, just a shortcut to see some information and calculations so you can make more informed decisions.

Regardless, I hope some folks find it helpful and enjoy it, and thanks for your time!

Last edited: