[Spoiler] Forge enchantments

Pangaearocks

Planter
What are people going for here, particularly for weapons?

Tried to enchant the sword, and wanted Crusader so mummies will die.

Take 1: Vampyric
Take 2: Haymaker
Take 3: Bug killer
Take 4: Artful

F you. Quit to menu. Basically never do that, but that is just too much bad RNG. And I was out of shards, so couldn't even try again.

Also, will I always get screwed like that, or will it roll differently if I try another day?

Ereo

Helper
It's not dependant on the day, but it's dependant on the number of items you've enchanted. If you're playing on PC you can upload your save file to the predictor to see how many you need to get your preferred enchantment.

The number of items enchanted is not only counted for weapons but also for other tools.

Pangaearocks

Planter
It's not dependant on the day, but it's dependant on the number of items you've enchanted. If you're playing on PC you can upload your save file to the predictor to see how many you need to get your preferred enchantment.

The number of items enchanted is not only counted for weapons but also for other tools.
Thanks. After writing that post, I tried on another day, which led to the same sequence. Reloaded and went back and attempted on the hoe, and then the watering can. Got Reaching onboth after spending 80 shards and 4 prismatics, which I reckoned was okay. Nice tip about the Predictor, though, will see if I can find it. Don't want to spend 100 shards + 5 prismatics just to get the one enchantment I want on the sword. These resources do not grow on trees.

Elenna101

Farmer
I always go for Artful on clubs because club special attack is OP. (Also rubies, and maybe an emerald depending how much I'm using the regular attack versus the special attack).

For tools, I usually prefer Swift on the axe (although looking at it again I might go for Shaving), Auto-Hook or Master on the rod, Reaching or Swift on the hoe (or Archaeologist if I'm worried about the museum), Swift on the pick, and Reaching or maybe Bottomless on the watering can. (Why the heck doesn't the watering can get Swift?)

I usually go for Crusader on my Infinity Sword (main choice of weapon), as I usually use it for Skull Cavern runs.

Bug Killer bugs and crabs are usually a non-issue as they have limited mobility scope, the mummies instead could be annoying occasionally in the caverns. Plus mummies drop interesting loots.
Haymaker is nice for gathering resources, but late-game saves should have plenty money where you can just straight up buy all the hays you need anyway.
Vampiric healing is random, low and inconsistent. Much better to just gobble down on your food of choice 🥗 .
Artful could be interesting but I seldom use special abilities. I think on the Dagger type weapon, I use it to eliminate reject slimes during slime breeding to quickly and accurately eliminate wrong-color offspring.

Now I wish there's some ability to deal with those flying enemies... like maybe after they are hit they are grounded 🐍, but that's too OP prolly.