Switch Spent Walnuts on Island Trader Unlock Twice

Suckulent

Newcomer
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
Switch, Multiplayer, English (Online Communications Co-op)

Very strange bug:

Happened on Ginger Island north (the tile containing the Island Trader parrot), we had the farmhouse unlocked but not the Island Trader yet. Me and my partner were both at the south entrance of the tile, FAR from the parrot; I tried to gift her an Iridium sprinkler (implying she should start placing them on the island farm), but instead of the usual "Gift [item] to [player]?" message popping up, the chatbox message for unlocking the Island Trader appeared under my name, and it happened, including spending the 10 walnuts. Then I tried gifting her the sprinkler again, and the same thing happened - the animation for the Island Trader unlock happened once more and 10 more walnuts were spent AGAIN. I was afraid to try again after that, although we only had 2 walnuts left anyways. There was no confirmation message for spending the walnuts, but I honestly don't remember if there ever was a confirmation message for the parrot unlocks.

Perhaps connected to an online communications glitch where her body was in front of the island trader parrot but on my screen she was right at the south entrance? And then that somehow connected the input for gifting to a player with initiating the island trader unlock? I'm not sure, it seems like such a complex bug to me.