Some Answers to Some Questions I have about Passing out

Whispereon

Greenhorn
I haven't really seen much about it but I've seen some people think about why your spouse says nothing about you having to go to the clinic etc. I took other ideas others have said and compiled them all here with my own ideas added. A lot of people complain when they pass out on their farm. So I was thinking about it more and wondered 'If Lewis comes to our farm to collect whatever we sold why didn't he see us?' and 'Why doesn't our spouse even mention the fact that Joja came into our house put us in the bed and said absolutely nothing about it'.

My idea is that if you live alone and pass out on your farm with your health bar at yellow or higher, Lewis will just bring you back inside your house with a letter basically saying to be more careful along with a energy penalty. If it is orange or lower there is a higher chance that increases the lower your health is that Joja will find you making the regular letter and punishment. Or Harvey will do his regular punishment with the billing.

When you do get married depending on how much hearts you have with your spouse they can go looking for you if you pass out on the farm. If your marriage has been failing (10 hearts and starting to go down) they will likely dismiss it and go back to sleep this outcome will happen more likely the fewer hearts you have. In this case, Lewis, Joja or Harvey's penalty will happen with your spouse asking you in the morning why did they have to pick you up from the clinic or why Joja/Lewis came knocking on the door during the night.

If you have been making sure to keep them happy (11 hearts and up) they will definitely get up and look for you. They find you pass out and carry/drag you back home expressing their concern for you in the morning dialogue and being relieved that you came home fine with the night dialogue. Remember the health bar the lower it is from orange the more likely to rush you to the clinic and get billed. With the morning dialogue being them worried and asking you to not push yourself too hard and the night dialogue telling you how scary/nervous they were when they saw your battered body.

Other than the energy (and money if you went to the clinic) there will be a penalty with your spouse as well. You may get off lucky maybe the first three times this happens but if you continue passing out like that their dialogue will change along with losing more hearts. From the worried dialogue to them being angry asking why you keep pushing yourself when you know that it makes them scared for you. When having to go to the clinic it gives more penalty because you could have died instead of being just exhausted.

Perhaps if you take it easy and stop passing out like that for maybe a week (7 days must pass consecutively), the three nights you can get away with this will replenish. This is only for passing out on your farm, anywhere else will not have Lewis or your spouse finding you. And even then I think your spouse should say something in the morning at least. Whether being annoyed if you have low hearts or concerned with high hearts. Whenever I mention dialogue it should be somewhat different depending on the spouse as well. Such as Harvey showing his concern more obviously than Shane would.

TL;DR Spouses or Lewis find you depending if your married or not. Spouses start getting mad at you if you don't stop overworking yourself. They stop caring if you don't make it up to them and stop looking for you. And just lets Joja, Harvey, or Lewis deal with your dumba**.

Odin

Staff member
This is a really great idea! It allow for your spouse to interact with you in a new way and you could even have some spouse specific dialog for this or even other spouse specific functionality. For example, Abigail could rescue you from the mines as well as the farm.

Potatoes

Farmer
I also like this idea, I love anyways you can make the spouses interact with you.

Also, maybe there could be certain crafting recipes you could only unlock from passing out. Like maybe after you have so many hearts with Linus or something he can teach you something. Maybe same thing if you’re married to Abigail or something.