Creator Response [Solved] Clarifying rule questions (supply resources, fishing rod, and animals)

draggles

Newcomer
Hey all. Really enjoying the game! A lot tougher than I expected -- Couple of questions from our first playthrough.

- For items in the supply, are they finite? Or is the intention that you can return them to the supply when "discarded" - or used on (for instance) a building?
Assumed that they are intended to be returned, answered below!
My understanding of the rules is that any items from the supply return to it after you've used them. The same goes for gold and hearts.
- For fishing rod die rerolls, are these considered "additional" rolls or intended to replace the single Fishing roll? e.g. I have the Iridium Rod, I roll 3 hearts. I take a 2-heart fish. Can I reroll those two dice to claim a different fish? Or is the intent that I would take all my rerolls upfront? The fishing rolls are for mulligans only:
These rerolls should just be used to adjust your single fishing roll. They can't be rerolled after fish have been collected. You should take the rerolls upfront.
- Are buildings and animals jointly "owned" by all players?
Yes! Answered below.

Thanks for the awesome game!

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
- For items in the supply, are they finite? Or is the intention that you can return them to the supply when "discarded" - or used on (for instance) a building?
My understanding of the rules is that any items from the supply return to it after you've used them. The same goes for gold and hearts.
- Are buildings and animals jointly "owned" by all players?
Yes!

(I'm not sure about your second question)

Valimure

Tiller
It's in the FAQ on page 23 that Gold and Heart tokens aren't limited by components, so I'd assume resource tokens are since they weren't mentioned.

I asked the same thing about the buildings and animals, but found in another thread that they are shared.

Good question on the fishing. I'd assume again that reroll means to just roll any results you don't like again, but that's certainly another way it could be interpreted!

How many people did you play with?

Odin

Staff member
It's in the FAQ on page 23 that Gold and Heart tokens aren't limited by components, so I'd assume resource tokens are since they weren't mentioned.
I'd read that as meaning you could theoretically have more hearts among all the players than there are tokens. That is, you can still earn hearts even if there are no heart tokens left to draw from. But we'll probably need to have Cole weigh in on this one.

draggles

Newcomer

I asked the same thing about the buildings and animals, but found in another thread that they are shared.

Good question on the fishing. I'd assume again that reroll means to just roll any results you don't like again, but that's certainly another way it could be interpreted!

How many people did you play with?
Just me and my partner - I tried a quick solo game just to get the ropes first!

Yes!
Thank you!

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
- For fishing rod die rerolls, are these considered "additional" rolls or intended to replace the single Fishing roll? e.g. I have the Iridium Rod, I roll 3 hearts. I take a 2-heart fish. Can I reroll those two dice to claim a different fish? Or is the intent that I would take all my rerolls upfront?
These rerolls should just be used to adjust your single fishing roll. They can't be rerolled after fish have been collected. You should take the rerolls upfront.

draggles

Newcomer
Thank you! And thank you for the great game. Going for round 2 tomorrow :D

HarmB

Cowpoke
@Colito Are the animals limited by tokens? For instance, Shane's friendship benefit gives you chickens and you could quickly get over the amount of chicken tokens given.

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Animals are limited by available animal tokens. But if you can not get any more chickens you can get an egg!