Sleeping bag or bedroll

Ellajoy

Rancher
I'm not sure about feasibility this would be, but what if you could buy a sleeping bag or bedroll at the Adventurer's Guild let's say, that would allow an overnight stay outside or in the mines?

It could be a one-time use kind of thing or maybe unlimited use but would cost more.
I like this idea because at roughly 10pm you need to head home to get good sleep from the mines.

I like this idea, but I'm deeply against.

Indeed, it would break the game balance.
- skull cavern would become very very easy
- All the part of the game forcing you to sleep at home would disappear (so, including the time management you have to do).
- It would be too easy to farm resources (mine, fish...) just by farming, sleeping when no energy, do again

- All the part of the game forcing you to sleep at home would disappear (so, including the time management you have to do).
- It would be too easy to farm resources (mine, fish...) just by farming, sleeping when no energy, do again
Maybe it could be one use and after it you must sleep at home?

1FlyCat

Planter
Thanks for your feedback, TheFireNight.

I'll admit there could be balancing issues that would need to be addressed, especially for the reasons you listed.

Perhaps there could be a penalty for using the sleeping bag. For instance, maybe the players energy would only be half restored?

And as lilan points out it could be limited to one-time use for high enough cost to discourage misuse.

Bedroll - Crafted with Hay and Cloth or purchased at Adventurer's Guild (500g?) - 1 Time Use restores energy at 33% standard bed rate.
Sleeping Bag - Uncraftable. Purchased at Adventurer's Guild for 2500g - 3 Uses restores energy at 50% standard bed rate.

This way, beds are still the most ideal way to sleep, but we have alternatives for when we get caught out at 1:30 AM. While we're at it, devs should add a crafting recipe for beds too. 75 wood and 5 cloth seems about right.

Cptldsilver

Planter

It would only be game breaking if it allowed you to keep your current floor in the skull cavern or mines. Energy is virtually a free resource after the first spring. Losing 1000 gold can hurt but it's easy to keep no money on you and suffer no money loss from passing out.

My thoughts are that if implemented, a Sleeping Bag/Bedroll would skip to next day like a bed would, however you would wake up where you used it. It would only be functional in Cave Entrance, any Outdoor Area that is in the Valley, or in the room of an NPC that is a 5-Star friend or above. Sleeping on the streets in town will have the same effect as digging through trash to anyone who can see you when you wake up.

This would ensure that these items would only be used in situations when you are carrying a LOT of mula and you don't want to lose it. It will be utilized to camp out after spending just a little too long fishing or mining, and wouldn't replace Farm Totems or anything. Players should not be able to use these to continue through any level of any Caves, they should not be able to stay the night in the Calico Desert, they should not be able to regain energy using one of them without skipping the rest of the day.

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, let me point out that passing out anywhere... you get no energy recovery, and all you'll lose is 1000g. Period. Using a sleeping bag, as proposed, would prevent that cash loss and allow for some energy recovery? So, basically you're paying (if 2.5k and 3 use as TrailerParkThor suggests) 2.5k to avoid losing 3k. Okay, a slight improvement over how things stand, if you think ahead and prepare for it. I can get behind this.

So long as it can't be used to keep you on the same floor of the SC when you go to bed, I'm down. Hell, I'm fine with folk using it wherever they'd like... but if used in the mines or SC, it could automatically punt you to the entrance floor when you wake up?

May I suggest it work automatically too? If in your inventory, when you pass out... you wake up where you were (except in the cases where it punts you out to entrances of mines/caves), no/reduced energy recovery, no cash loss.

Last edited: