Skull Caverning without stairs.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I haven’t done some real, no stair skull caverns in a while so I thought I would get back into it, I was previously quite good at the slingshot and buffering (my record was 484 floors) and I wanted to see if I still had it in me.

I did 4 runs as they take very long due to the pausing, I probably paused between 5 and 10 thousand times during the last run.
My first run was 260 which was severely disappointing though I was still getting back into using the slingshot, for any of you out there, the drag back setting on the slingshot is far superior, it’s harder but it won’t take you more than a couple runs to be great at it.

The second run went better, managed my pausing well and got to a pretty good 370 levels, still not insane, though I’m happy.

The next was great, 411 floors which I was beyond what I was hoping to get this first time back in the caverns.
Do note that I have to kill all monster floors which is a massive time suck. They spawn on average about ~1/100 floors ish so I run into 5 on this run.

My last run though… I’m still happy with that a day later. 505 floors, my first time breaking the 500 floor barrier with no staircases, only a single monster floor boosted my progress massively, the use of my iridium needle more helped a bunch as well.

Overall pretty happy, don’t know if I’ll go for 600 but it seems appealing (and quite daunting)

If you are looking to try skull caverns there is no time like the present, and practice with the pull back slingshot, it’s so much better

Attachments

Farrow

Sodbuster
I haven’t done some real, no stair skull caverns in a while so I thought I would get back into it, I was previously quite good at the slingshot and buffering (my record was 484 floors) and I wanted to see if I still had it in me.

I did 4 runs as they take very long due to the pausing, I probably paused between 5 and 10 thousand times during the last run.
My first run was 260 which was severely disappointing though I was still getting back into using the slingshot, for any of you out there, the drag back setting on the slingshot is far superior, it’s harder but it won’t take you more than a couple runs to be great at it.

The second run went better, managed my pausing well and got to a pretty good 370 levels, still not insane, though I’m happy.

The next was great, 411 floors which I was beyond what I was hoping to get this first time back in the caverns.
Do note that I have to kill all monster floors which is a massive time suck. They spawn on average about ~1/100 floors ish so I run into 5 on this run.

My last run though… I’m still happy with that a day later. 505 floors, my first time breaking the 500 floor barrier with no staircases, only a single monster floor boosted my progress massively, the use of my iridium needle more helped a bunch as well.

Overall pretty happy, don’t know if I’ll go for 600 but it seems appealing (and quite daunting)

If you are looking to try skull caverns there is no time like the present, and practice with the pull back slingshot, it’s so much better
That's wonderful, congrats!!! It takes alot of skill to get good at that, and it is nice to see someone with a genuine interest getting better at it! Personally my furthest without staircases was 180 (keep in mind I'm on Xbox so this was without the slingshot) and I'm still proud of that score!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
That's wonderful, congrats!!! It takes alot of skill to get good at that, and it is nice to see someone with a genuine interest getting better at it! Personally my furthest without staircases was 180 (keep in mind I'm on Xbox so this was without the slingshot) and I'm still proud of that score!
180 is great, Xbox doesn’t have animation canceling, really any sort of slingshot usage that’s reliable or pausing a lot so that’s quite impressive