SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: Spring 4 Y5 Time of Day: 1200
Game Location: Mountain

Attachments

pneuma163

Greenhorn
I just crashed while in Skull Caverns. This was the day after I got the Perfection cut scene, in case that's relevant. I'm attaching my error log.

I'm not sure there was anything specific I did (the pickaxe swing animation had just finished, so nothing special, though in this case I happened to not hit anything, but I had done that before) but according to the error log it happened right at noon which seems more relevant.

Attachments

amity

Greenhorn
i was in the normal mines (not dangerous) on floor 76, and when this dust sprite was bouncing, its frames closest to the ground were clipping through the wall and appearing in the black outside of the mine. i am on the latest version (1.6.6) and am on my single player save with no mods installed. im running on windows 10, through steam, and my language is english. hope this is enough info :D

Attachments

transgengars

Newcomer
I'm having the same issue with multiplayer crashing as it ticks over to 12 noon. Doesn't seem to matter if there is anyone other than the host playing either.

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.NPC.ChooseAppearance(LocalizedContentManager content) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 831
at StardewValley.NPC.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 3410
at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateCharacters(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 4504
at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 4541
at StardewValley.Locations.IslandLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\IslandLocation.cs:line 279
at StardewValley.Game1._UpdateLocation(GameLocation location, GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5877
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass711_0.<UpdateLocations>b__0(GameLocation location) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5834
at StardewValley.Utility.ForEachLocation(Func`2 action, Boolean includeInteriors, Boolean includeGenerated) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Utility.cs:line 357
at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5832
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4067
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3185
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 90
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

Game Version: 1.6.7 build 24119
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Multiplayer (Host)
In-game Date: Fall 17 Y3 Time of Day: 1200
Game Location: FarmHouse

Lil_Mach

Newcomer
Hihi,

I'm currently having a problem with my stardew save file that has around 100 hours on it, (Not modded)
the game crashes every time the time is a little after 11:50am, tried sleeping to update the save file but nothing, still crashes at 11:50 am
I have also tried reinstalling the game to another drive but nothing seems to work,
error code will be posted below

Attachments

Jellypopper

Newcomer
No matter what I do or where I'm at in the game, my game is crashing at 11:50 am right before it hits noon. It's doing it when my friend is in there and when I'm in there alone.
- Windows 11
- English
- Multiplayer

I think I'm attaching the right thing, regarding my save file.

Attachments

Jonathan38

Farmhand
I am also crashing when it hits noon. If it helps at all, I played through a whole day on the festival day Luau. I guess since there was no clock ticking, the game made it all the way through. Cheers to hoping for a quick fix/patch.

Cid2001

Greenhorn
Platform: Windows x86_64
Lang: En
Multiplayer

Started Year 3 Fall 2

Same error for me as well.
Did try sleeping to the next day before 12:00pm and was able to get 2 days of gameplay with no crash and then it started up again Fall 5, crashing exactly at 12:00pm.

Y3 Fall 2 Error Log:

Code:
InnerException:
Stack Trace:    at StardewValley.NPC.ChooseAppearance(LocalizedContentManager content) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 831
   at StardewValley.NPC.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 3410
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateCharacters(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 4504
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 4541
   at StardewValley.Locations.IslandLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\IslandLocation.cs:line 279
   at StardewValley.Game1._UpdateLocation(GameLocation location, GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5877
   at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass711_0.<UpdateLocations>b__0(GameLocation location) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5834
   at StardewValley.Utility.ForEachLocation(Func`2 action, Boolean includeInteriors, Boolean includeGenerated) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Utility.cs:line 357
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5832
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4067
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3185
   at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 927
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 917
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 620
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 90
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
   at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 200

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070/PCIe/SSE2
Multiplayer (Host)
In-game Date: Fall 2 Y3 Time of Day: 1200
Game Location: Farm
Slept before 12:00pm on day 2 then Y3 Fall 5 Crash:

Code:
InnerException:
Stack Trace:    at StardewValley.NPC.ChooseAppearance(LocalizedContentManager content) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 831

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070/PCIe/SSE2
Multiplayer (Host)
In-game Date: Fall 5 Y3 Time of Day: 1200
Game Location: SkullCave

UntoldForce

Newcomer
  • The game experiences a crash to desktop at as my character (Force) goes to the Desert or Desert Mines after unlocking Qi's Walnut Room at 12:00 noon on Winter 14 Y2.
  • Error text below.
  • Windows 11 Pro 22H2 OS build 22621.3447
  • English language
  • single-player or multiplayer;
  • This is a brand new 1.6 game, all played in MP with one other player. When my character (Force) goes to the Desert after unlocking Qi's Walnut Room, the game crashes to desktop. The crashes all happen in the Desert or Desert Mines. This has happened every time I go to the Desert.
  • Save file attached.
Code:
InnerException:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090/PCIe/SSE2
Multiplayer (Host)
In-game Date: Winter 14 Y2 Time of Day: 1200
Game Location: Desert
Code:
InnerException:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090/PCIe/SSE2
Multiplayer (Host)
In-game Date: Winter 14 Y2 Time of Day: 1200
Game Location: UndergroundMine123
Note, I do not have a D:\GitlabRunner directory on my PC.

The MP save is attached, called the Fallout Farm.

Attachments

TyphoonWhit

Greenhorn
I'm also experiencing crashes right as it turns to 12:00pm after downloading the latest update. I did have mods installed, but I removed them to see if they were influencing the crashing, and they are not, it seems.

I am on Windows 11, in-game language is English, and I am on single-player mode right now.

Code:
InnerException:

GPU: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
Playing on Controller
In-game Date: Winter 18 Y3 Time of Day: 1200
Game Location: Forest

milktoastgregg

Newcomer
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
    • Game crashes/force-closes at noon.
  • full error text (if any);
    • no error, just quits the game
  • what OS you are using;
    • SreamOS (on steamdeck) Windows 11 (laptop)
  • in-game language;
    • English
  • single-player or multiplayer;
    • single player
  • anything else you think might be relevant;
    • I've experienced random crashes on the steamdeck before, but this was consistent enough to where I opened my save on my PC to try and just play though the day, but it still crashes at noon on my PC as well.
  • if you experience a bug that isn't cosmetic, please upload your save file!
    • save file from Windows laptop attached.
Also I wanted to add that when scrolling though dressers or catalogs using the controller, I can't get to the left 'category' selections and I just have to scroll through the entire list. I've only noted this while playing using a controller on m steamdeck.

Attachments

For what it's worth I'm having the same issue as the others. Game is crashing at noon everyday, though this only started on Spring 18, for some reason (I've played through the rest of Spring with no issues).

InnerException:
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.NPC.ChooseAppearance(LocalizedContentManager content) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 831

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: Spring 19 Y3 Time of Day: 1200
Game Location: FarmHouse

utter_popcorn

Greenhorn
Hi,

I'm having issues during the qi fruit quest, I made about twenty seed makers at the start of the quest and I have about ~280 fruits that I'm trying to input to get my last batch of seeds and when I'm about to collect the 200th-ish seed the whole game crashes. I've restarted three times and it's happened all three times. Please let me out of my groundhog day nightmare. (sorry I don't think I have anything really pertinent to screenshot but let me know if there is somehting!)

Cyrgo

Newcomer
Freeze and crash to desktop twice at the same game time

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: Spring 4 Y5 Time of Day: 1200
Game Location: Mountain
A recent small update solved the CTD. Great work !!!

JunniMO

Newcomer
So, since 1.6.0 I've been having an issue with the Golden Joja Parrot.

You see, A Text Box Prompt just will not show up for me when I try to interact with the Parrot. All It does is just squawk at me-
Stardew 1.png

I've Right clicked, left clicked, Rappid Clicked it even! and it just does nothing. I've re-loaded my game fully and slept past many in game days and nothing changes.

Stardew 4.png

I've even checked my files twice to ensure all were working and in proper order and it still didn't do anything, not to mention I am playing Unmodded.
I'm fully sure I have enough gold to cover it (78,244,132 Gold Currently) and I already found 24 Golden Walnuts by myself.

Also, not sure if this really effects the Parrot but I am on Year 7, I did go the Community Center Rought, I Do Use Item ID Spawns, I have most collectibles Unlocked and I am not at 5/ 10 Hearts with most Villagers.
Lastly, I'm 100% sure that I have NOT paid off the Parrot already since Fizz Is NOT In the Water Cave on Ginger Island and I DID NOT get the cut scene.

namoo

Newcomer
Game doesn't link to Steam when pinned to Windows taskbar. This affects my achievements/hours. I usually pin my games for quick access and they work fine.

Attachments