Rain and FPS

pupper

Farmhand
Why is rain animation so heavy in this game? My frame drops a bit whenever its raining that I have to zoom in to compensate. I mean I dont play on a high end machine I guess thats why but the game runs stable at 60fps all the time only when its raining that it drops to around 50fps+.

imnvs

Local Legend
There are a lot of bits in that rain. It makes it some work for slower machines, I suppose.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Additionally, I see a notably lower framerate on my older, slower PCs/Macs on Spring 1 after I fill the entire Farm with Grass from the Winter 28 evening's Grass Starter explosion. Clearly adding all those green Grass elements to my previously clear and searingly white Winter Wonderland is taxing on older graphics hardware.

I can only conclude that red and blue are easy to display but that green is the bad color here. You know, for a Tailoring Return Sceptre ehhh... farming sim you'd think they'd figured how to do green properly.
yes, /s...

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Additionally, I see a notably lower framerate on my older, slower PCs/Macs on Spring 1 after I fill the entire Farm with Grass from the Winter 28 evening's Grass Starter explosion. Clearly adding all those green Grass elements to my previously clear and searingly white Winter Wonderland is taxing on older graphics hardware.

I can only conclude that red and blue are easy to display but that green is the bad color here. You know, for a Tailoring Return Sceptre ehhh... farming sim you'd think they'd figured how to do green properly.
yes, /s...
It's never the color, it's probably simulating the possibility that the grass would be interacted with as it is an interactable object.

/s though true if anyone didn't get your joke/sarcasm...

(not me, definitely not me...)

Last edited:

Elenna101

Farmer
Yeah, my laptop also sometimes heats up and stutters a little when it's raining. Mostly when I'm trying to play Stardew and simultaneously listen to a Twitch stream.

pupper

Farmhand
I wish CA would add an option to disable rain particles or something for potato machine users. The mods can add/disable fogs and whatnot but I haven't found a mod that disables rain effects to help with the matter.

nicodeux

Farmer
Yeah, my laptop also sometimes heats up and stutters a little when it's raining. Mostly when I'm trying to play Stardew and simultaneously listen to a Twitch stream.
I'm not that familiar with Twitch, but as you are obvisouly not watching the Twitch stream while playing, you can also lower the stream video resolution to the minimal possible value. That would lower the load on your graphical hardware (making it more available for Stardew Valley rain instead) and as a bonus it would contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gaz emission of the Internet (for which videos are the biggest part of, at about 60%).

Elenna101

Farmer
I'm not that familiar with Twitch, but as you are obvisouly not watching the Twitch stream while playing, you can also lower the stream video resolution to the minimal possible value. That would lower the load on your graphical hardware (making it more available for Stardew Valley rain instead) and as a bonus it would contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gaz emission of the Internet (for which videos are the biggest part of, at about 60%).
Yeah, I normally lower it, but sometimes it still causes issues.

Marian224

Cowpoke
Same here started from version 1.5.0. Rain drops the fps to 30.
And when spamming the Inventory to open the fps also drops to 30 with not reason. After closeing the inventory the game still running with 30fps for short time.

Last edited: