Pls help I am confused

Okay so I was thinking, everyone says that pigs are the best barn animal right? But they only produce 3/4 months of the year whilst goats produce year round. So is it more profitable to have goats in your barn with max hearts and just age the cheese into iridium quality in the cellar or just stick with normal ol pigs.

Edit: the truffle oil does sell for 200 more g than the cheese but pigs need to be let outside to get the truffles, taking up more space and they also can’t make money on rainy days so I honestly have no clue which are more profitable

Lew Zealand

Helper
Cows are also very good for combat because of their horns. :wcow:

No, that doesn't feel right…

Cheese! Iridium quality Cheese or even just Gold quality before you get the Cellar are very good for restoring Health and Energy and oddly, Goat Cheese is no better. So a Cow is twice as valuable as a Goat for Skull Caverns or all the other combat locations for accumulating stacks of Cheez for healing.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Not really because of volume of truffles.

Because of rainy days pigs actually only produce around 62% of the year but a pig in optimal conditions finds on average more than 3 truffles a day.

With botanist that’s 1250 and artisan 1490 x 3 x number of pigs.

That’s against goats who produce once every other day, technically even less than pigs though they require less work.

Not really because of volume of truffles.

Because of rainy days pigs actually only produce around 62% of the year but a pig in optimal conditions finds on average more than 3 truffles a day.

With botanist that’s 1250 and artisan 1490 x 3 x number of pigs.

That’s against goats who produce once every other day, technically even less than pigs though they require less work.
Thx so much lol

DJModulo

Sodbuster
Assuming we jump through every possible hoop; here's the ranking from worst to best:

Goat: 560G/d
(Iridium quality Artisan-boosted Goat Cheese / 2 days)

Cow: 644G/d
(Iridium quality Artisan-boosted Cheese / 1 day)

Ostrich: 709.333333 G/d
(With Shepherd: 11/15 chance for an Iridium egg (10*532G for Iridium mayonnaise sold w/ Artisan), 4/15 chance for a gold qual. egg (10*399G sold w/ Artisan) / 7 days)

Sheep: 773.8666666 G/d
(With the Sheperd profession: 11/15 chance for Iridium quality wool (816G w/ Rancher), 4/15 chance for gold quality wool (658 as cloth sold w/ Artisan) / 1 day (thank you Shepherd). )

Pig: ~3289.5 G/d (This is making a few assumptions)
This is more complicated. We'll boil it down to (( average # of days in a year the pig can produce on ) / 112) * ( average # of truffles produced ) * 1.2 ( Gatherer ) * 1491G (Truffle oil sold w/ Artisan)

First off, we need to calculate the number of days in a year the pig can produce.
Spring/Fall: Out of 56 days, 6 are guaranteed sunny (1st/festivals). The remaining 50 have an 18.3% chance to be rainy, so on average, 46.85 spring/fall days can be produced on.
Summer: Out of 28 days, 3 are guaranteed sunny and 2 are guaranteed stormy. The remaining 23 days have an average 16.3% chance (rounded up) to be rainy or stormy, so on average, 22.25 days in summer can be produced on

Thus, 69.1/112 days can be produced on.

The wiki lists the average # of Truffles to be 3. I'll round that down to 2.98 to account for both the tiny fail chance as well as the fact that a pig cannot produce infinite truffles (I arbitrarily set the upper limit of possible truffles to 9 truffles a day per pig)

Using these variables in the formula, we get 3289.54005, which I decided to just round down again

Farrow

Sodbuster
I've got nothing much to contribute here, other than this. If your going for gold per tile, per day sheep's are best as you can lock them in and shear them ect, but if your going for min maxing on time yes pigs are by far better. But what do I know? Anywho, just take into account your resources and money if you can fill the entire farm with Barns long term sheep are better but otherwise pugs win out in a landslide

DJModulo

Sodbuster
Honestly, gold/tile might still go to Pigs, since 3 barns (+ 4 entranceways) worth of space should be enough for a barn of pigs to find enough truffles to eclipse sheep. Sheep are more efficient on time thanks to Auto-Grabbers though (which you can collect at your leisure while you have to pick Truffles at least every other day for decent efficiency).