NPC Dressing Room Effect

CMAlbrecht

Greenhorn
I really like the dressing room effect for NPCs that was implemented at the resort, and would like to do something like that in one of my mods. What are some of the ways in which this could be achieved by a mod, preferably using CP or TMXLoader?

I have had some modest success using the When: Range: syntax in CP, but that requires very precise timing with the arrival of the NPCs which, as you likely know, can be affected by unplanned interactions with the NPCs by the player or even by obstacles encountered in the NPCs' paths. Purely time-based interactions also get into trouble when NPCs are following a different schedule (as for rainy days). I am hoping for something that is based on both NPC location and time, or perhaps by means of a map-mediated action.

Specifically, I am looking to provide an alternate portrait and sprite for each affected NPC that they would change into for a limited time, then change back to their normal appearance. Think going clubbing, or attending a formal dinner.

Thank you,
--Chris Albrecht