Not Losing Highly Invested Weapons

Swordlord00

Farmhand
I have only died once in my first Stardew Valley playthrough. But it wasn't the fact I lost 5 Prismatic Shards that upset me, it was losing my max forged and enchanted Infinity Blade.
I found in the wiki that you can't lose your Galaxy Sword, but it seems you can lose it after upgrading it to a Infinity Blade.
I think it would make sense to not be able to lose weapons which have been highly invested into, such as max forged, enchanted or Infinity-type weapons.

imnvs

Local Legend
I don't know if just having invested in it is worth it...

If currently, a galaxy sword can not be lost... an infinity blade, made from a galaxy sword, by extension should also not be lost. This I can agree with wholeheartedly. Anything beyond this, we'll have to hash some things out, I think.

Ereo

Helper
Ir should only cost 850 G to buy it back from Marlon. Have you checked that it didn't show up in the lost & found?

The wiki page for the galaxy sword only mentions that if you trash or lose it, you can buy a new one from Marlon. So I'd be interested if it actually is still unloseable? Given we have the ability to buy it back quite cheap if losing it from a monster attack I don't really see a reason for it.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Ir should only cost 850 G to buy it back from Marlon. Have you checked that it didn't show up in the lost & found?

The wiki page for the galaxy sword only mentions that if you trash or lose it, you can buy a new one from Marlon. So I'd be interested if it actually is still unloseable? Given we have the ability to buy it back quite cheap if losing it from a monster attack I don't really see a reason for it.
You are combining two different aspects of the game.
There is the ability to buy infinite galaxy swords for 50,000g at the adventurer's guild AND there is the ability to buy back certain items you have lost when you died in the mines at the adventurers guild for it's sell price but only one.

Swordlord00

Farmhand
Current methods of getting back items you lost dying are either alt+f4-ing or getting lucky with the item recovery service.
I did use alt+f4 to get my sword back, but doing the whole day again was annoying and I feel force quitting without saving is a bit like cheating.
I lost 5 items while dying; so I had a 1 in 5 chance (more chance of getting a snake spine :frown:) of getting that sword back from item recovery.
While you can buy back a Galaxy Sword I would then have to do the tedious task of getting Galaxy Souls and the other expensive minerals to turn the Galaxy Sword into the Infinity Blade then enchant and forge it.
My point is that getting the Infinity Blade back after losing it is hard to do without exiting the game and restarting the day.

imnvs

Local Legend
Getting lucky with item recovery? That's not how it works. Everything lost the last time you died is made available for you to pick from, and if you lost your weapon, you pick your weapon. There's no chance involved.

Swordlord00

Farmhand
Sorry, I misread the wiki page. I thought you weren't able to choose which item you get back.
Still, it would be nice if you couldn't lose Infinity Weapons because then you could get back other items (like my prismatic shards).

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Sorry, I misread the wiki page. I thought you weren't able to choose which item you get back.
Still, it would be nice if you couldn't lose Infinity Weapons because then you could get back other items (like my prismatic shards).
Shards are incredibly easy to get though, you can easily get 12-13+ without even trying to go for them or iridium, especially in the part of the game where you have an infinity weapon.
Good luck and good day.