New fishing rods

More rods?

• Total voters
yes that makes sense... overfeeding the fish is a strange idea....
Actually they kind do to rigs like this. One is a trout rig which has a two leads with a floating bait on them. It's only meant for one fish but maximizes the visuals to attract them faster.

The other is common in the south. It usually has a spinner component, a body for the hook (buzz bait or rubber lure) and attractant portion usually made from pork.

1632498870486.png

I don't mean to pick on a real world threatened species cut with this you probable could make shark rigs. You would probably need perch, squid, anchovies, and sardines as baits though

That would make an interesting rod that could actively avoid smaller fish by using bigger baits

I just think it's neat that it's a thing. Increasing in-game chances to get bigger fish or specific varieties of fish is really neat concept... maybe even catching less trash with the bait. yep, feeding bait to seaweed or soggy newspapers.... always a bit of a bummer...

I heard from speculation that SV used to have a raft.
Correct me if I am wrong.
If yes, I am curious about what happens to the raft.
I imagine we can use it for fishing around the coastal area. – it would be so lovely and relaxing.

Last edited:
I heard from speculation that SV used to have a raft.
Correct me if I am wrong.
If yes, I am curious about what happens to the raft.
I imagine we can use it for fishing around the coastal area. – it would be so lovely and relaxing.
I mentioned an older property of Natsume(the makers of harvest moon) that the fishing should could be upgraded with a raft to make it more like

For new rods I think it needs also new kinds of fishing:
So maybe some fishes one can't get with current rods, deep sea fishes or some kind of magical fishes.
Alternatively something like fish-farming could be an enhancement where one has to use fish-nets (instead of rods) to catch fishes. This would be a kind of late-game scaling: bigger investment but also more fishes to catch.

Just another rod does not make sense I think. In the later game one can get all current fishes at any time with the Qi-stuff. Maybe this could be changed as well because it's immersion-breaking - at least in my eyes.

For new rods I think it needs also new kinds of fishing:
So maybe some fishes one can't get with current rods, deep sea fishes or some kind of magical fishes.
Alternatively something like fish-farming could be an enhancement where one has to use fish-nets (instead of rods) to catch fishes. This would be a kind of late-game scaling: bigger investment but also more fishes to catch.

Just another rod does not make sense I think. In the later game one can get all current fishes at any time with the Qi-stuff. Maybe this could be changed as well because it's immersion-breaking - at least in my eyes.
Ya