Multiplayer Cabin Change???

pathfinder_momo

Greenhorn
I am not new to Stardew per say but I am somewhat new to Stardew Multiplayer. I noticed in 1.6 they've added new cabin styles for multiplayer. My friend and I have been playing for a bit recently, and I began to wonder if you're able to change the guests cabins, without losing progress on their character (because I read/heard that is a thing)? If there is no way, then no problem. Mainly a question of curiosity.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I am not new to Stardew per say but I am somewhat new to Stardew Multiplayer. I noticed in 1.6 they've added new cabin styles for multiplayer. My friend and I have been playing for a bit recently, and I began to wonder if you're able to change the guests cabins, without losing progress on their character (because I read/heard that is a thing)? If there is no way, then no problem. Mainly a question of curiosity.
Yeah I believe you can paint them to look like different ones. It may only be after full upgrading though.

Yes, you can change to a different cabin design. Just have the cabin owner go to Robin, select 'paint building', select the building, and there'll be a little cabin icon in the bottom corner that allows you to swap between them (changing the actual paint colors, like for the farmhouse, doesn't appear to actually do anything).
Screenshot from 2024-03-19 15-58-16.png
The cabin does not have to be fully upgraded. I've done it on a completely un-upgraded one and one that only had the first upgrade.

pathfinder_momo

Greenhorn
Yes, you can change to a different cabin design. Just have the cabin owner go to Robin, select 'paint building', select the building, and there'll be a little cabin icon in the bottom corner that allows you to swap between them (changing the actual paint colors, like for the farmhouse, doesn't appear to actually do anything).
AHHH okay, Thanks so much :D

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The cabin does not have to be fully upgraded. I've done it on a completely un-upgraded one and one that only had the first upgrade.
Nice that you don’t have to upgrade it, I assumed it wouldn’t need to be but it’s all the better to have confirmation

Apparently, you can at least paint some of the cabins once fully upgraded. This will be changed back.
Screenshot from 2024-03-29 12-28-12.png