Issue Item stuck in my inventory, causes a red text nightmare in SMAPI every time I hover my mouse over it.

julianasaur3

Farmhand
I have this item stuck in my inventory, and I can’t delete it, store it, place it, or even click it. Even hovering over it with my mouse causes my entire SMAPI to send this gigantic red block text. My game is not crashing and works fine, except when I try too hard to interact with this item. I guess it would be fine but I really want it out, lol. I tried uninstalling Custom Furniture, getting rid of all of my custom furniture or recolor furniture mods, and restarted game. It’s still there, I still can’t interact with it.

Included a very small snippet of Smapi error messages. This is what pops up when I hover my mouse over the item while looking at my full inventory.

Attachments

julianasaur3

Farmhand
Can you upload your SMAPI log and share the link here?
Sure! Thanks for your help. Here's the log link:

I know that there are a few mods being skipped, but I'm positive those aren't the issue as I just uninstalled Artisan Foods like an hour ago, and have been having this issue for over 24 hours. However, if you do think that's related I can absolutely install that back, I have it on my desktop, just wanted to explore the new 1.5 crops.

I also have an image attached here to show the item in my inventory that is stuck. It's line 2, item 2. (In between war memento and shears).

I appreciate any feedback! :heart:

Attachments

julianasaur3

Farmhand
I updated all of my mods, (2 show updates but thorough searching shows no new files, i still reinstalled those as well), restarted game, hovered over the cursed item, and got another error log here for ya

Just figured I should update mods since I saw that was a suggestion!

Boptimus Rhyme

Newcomer
I've updated them all as well, but some of them do show that they still need updated for some reason? I'm still having the same error, at any rate. I'm wondering if something in the new update broke the unofficial CF patch

julianasaur3

Farmhand
I've updated them all as well, but some of them do show that they still need updated for some reason? I'm still having the same error, at any rate. I'm wondering if something in the new update broke the unofficial CF patch
I'm curious, would you mind sending a screenshot of your inventory like I did, so we can see what item is stuck in your inventory? It'd be interesting if it was the same sprite.

Boptimus Rhyme

Newcomer
I don't have anything stuck per say, but every time I try to pick up specific items in my house it crashes the game and I get the same error. Seems like it's mostly rugs?

corrin

Planter

I know that there are a few mods being skipped, but I'm positive those aren't the issue as I just uninstalled Artisan Foods like an hour ago, and have been having this issue for over 24 hours. However, if you do think that's related I can absolutely install that back, I have it on my desktop, just wanted to explore the new 1.5 crops.

I also have an image attached here to show the item in my inventory that is stuck. It's line 2, item 2. (In between war memento and shears).

Can you try removing Custom Furniture? It's not updated for 1.5. The item should hopefully turn into a chair when you do that.

irizhia

Greenhorn

Not sure if this helps, but I had something similar happen to me a while back before the 1.5 update. It wasn't furniture, but JSON Assets was the actual culprit. I had installed a Rain Gear mod that added a custom rain hood and rain boots via JA. Later on, I uninstalled the mod, but forgot that I still had the boots in one of my chests. I could play the game without any problems until I opened the affected chest. Somehow the boots had transformed into a food item (cheese cauli) and hovering over it caused an unending wall of red error text in SMAPI. I couldn't interact with it at all. I tried reinstalling the mod but it didn't help, the boots-turned-cheese-cauli was still in the chest and causing the same error, so in the end I just started a new game.

Do you remember if you might have uninstalled a JA mod but still have an item from it in your inventory? I learned the hard way that it's a known issue with JSON Assets and that I have to get rid of everything in my inventory/chests (trash them or sell them) that came from a particular JA mod before uninstalling said mod, otherwise my game could crash. :cry:

Tarniyar

Newcomer
I had the same problem. I had modded shoes that glitched somehow so I couldn't remove them from the dresser to delete them. I solved it, but I had to edit my game save file to do so. Be very careful if you edit your save file! Make a backup!

Your save files are located in the Saves folder in the StardewValley folder that also contains your screenshots. (C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley)

Since the 1.5 update, your saves will be in a folder with your farm name. Inside will be a file with your farm name and a bunch of numbers. Mine is "OneFive_268276342" for One Five farm. You need to open this file in Notepad or Notepad++ (not Word). Search for the name of your problem item.

This is the tricky part. You have to delete the entire entry of the problem item. In my case, it was "White Dress Shoes." These are a boots item. The start of the item block looked like this: <heldItems xsi:type="Boots">
You need to select this block of text all the way until you see: </heldItems>
Once you have the entire item entry selected, then delete it. Don't make any other changes.
If you accidentally delete part of the block of another item, you will cause errors. So be careful!

This is the full block that I deleted, for reference (this is from my backup copy).

<heldItems xsi:type="Boots"><isLostItem>false</isLostItem><category>-97</category><hasBeenInInventory>false</hasBeenInInventory><name>White Dress Shoes</name><specialItem>false</specialItem><SpecialVariable>0</SpecialVariable><DisplayName>White Dress Shoes</DisplayName><Name>White Dress Shoes</Name><Stack>1</Stack><defenseBonus>1</defenseBonus><immunityBonus>2</immunityBonus><indexInTileSheet>2032</indexInTileSheet><price>5000</price><indexInColorSheet>103</indexInColorSheet><appliedBootSheetIndex>-1</appliedBootSheetIndex></heldItems>