If 1.5 only added one new feature, what would you want it to be?

Based on the latest screenshots of a new doorway at Willy's shop and fishing at a new beach, I can't help but wonder if he actually saw my suggestion from the first page. šŸ¤”

27dschild

Planter
Maybe some new festivals? Imagine a horse race or something. Those are in quite a few of the Harvest Moon games (and yes I know this isn't Harvest Moon), but I think it'd be cool to have some other incentive to get a horse! Because as it stands, the horse is only useful up until year 2 when you can get a nice supply of coffee. Once you have totems and a scepter, the horse becomes a lawn ornament. Or, I dunno. Maybe that's just me.
Hello ooh you play professor layton too

Stewyntig

Farmhand
As I can't cut and paste on my phone, a suggestion for the bathroom if it is taken on to the house is you have to take time to fill the bath and it restores your health much like the communal bathhouse near the train tracks. I don't know how you can do this perhaps a question pop up if you stand on the bathmat, do you want to fill the bath now? Yes/no. If you click yes you have to wait on the bathmat for the bath to fill and once it is full you can get in. Exiting just requires moving and it self emptys on exit.
Also it would be nice to actually run into the valley residents at the bathhouse in the spa area. Non of them ever seem to have a bath except for the one cut scene. Alex using the gym in it is not really in the spa area.

A jail. Think of all the cut scenes you could install if there was a sheriff in town. You'd get Pam and Shane for public intoxication. Perhaps the even something as crazy as a murder mystery? And imagine the scandal of Marnie and Lewis were caught getting frisky in public.

Holly3353

Cowpoke
The big feature that Iā€™d like to see is just more spouse/family stuff. Dialogue, events, the whole shebang (i have a few dialogue mods loaded up and itā€™s pretty cool seeing all this new stuff ā€” brings me back to when I first started playing the game and interacting with everyone!). Iā€™d love the ability to go with my spouse and our kids to the beach or the city for a fun family trip where we can get a picture at the end of it or something a la
that photo we get with Marnie and Jas
,though I donā€™t know how possible that is. Itā€™d be cool to see them walking around the farm and hugging the animals and the chickens and all that ā€” or lugging around a sword? Doing something that relates to their parent. Or not, their personality could be randomized like Bananapaws suggested. Really, Iā€™d just like to see the kids interact with the world bc they feel like house goblins and/or a figment of our imagination bc no one except for your spouse remarks on them. Itā€™d be cool if the different villagers gave you advice or something before the kids arrive/are born. If your farmer is hosting a lil parasite itā€™d be cool if caroline or one of the others whoā€™ve gone through the whole process gave you a book or something. Maybe a painting? A recipe? And if Evelyn or George said something about your kid in a grandparent-y way, which would probably depend on whether or not youā€™re at 10 hearts with them. Or what if there was a baby shower-like event with the whole town? Oof, that was a whole ramble, sorry.

(also a small thing ā€” I donā€™t know if there is a way (maybe Iā€™ve just missed it lol) but a way to un-hoe land with an axe or the hoe or something like that just because it drives me crazy when I accidentally hoe a little square of land and I have to wait a few days for it to un-hoe itself. )
You can always use pickaxe to un-hoe it, not sure if you already know:happy:

Stewyntig

Farmhand
I know this was mentioned kinda (I also didnt read through all 15 page yet) but some kinda way to get more wood. I turn both the quarry and the desert into tree growing operations and cut down normal trees constantly and Im still always short on wood.
To help with your wood problems, almost the entire area where the train track is can be planted, and any dirt area near Linus and Robin, or beside Marnie's or even in the spring onion area.

starbrite

Sodbuster
idk if anyone already mentioned this before: but making children useful. I haven't gotten married in the game yet myself, but by watching other people play and watching their kids just stand there... it just makes me wish they did more. Like that the kids would grow up to maybe Jas/Vincent age and go to school or start helping out around the farm with small tasks. Maybe they could have some dialogue too and there are randomized personality traits/etc your kid can have. It can just be a few dialogues, nothing huge, but something to give kids more life and make them a little more fun to have!

Kryogen

Greenhorn
First off,
I donā€™t use mods. The only game I have ever used mods for was L4D2
I like to play games how they were published by the creators.
Stardew valley is a great game which is easy to pay hours into at a time. The only downside I have seen is the death of story after itā€™s done.
(no dialogue after marriage, after year one is just a repeated storyline like youre in limbo, with each event end like it never happened or nobody cares to mention it)
I know an overhaul would be a challenge but maybe just expand.

examples

after the downfall of Jojo mart youā€™re town discovers the issues of economics that Jojo helped to fix and bring to SD.
Maybe we can have a seasonal chart where exports change each day to surrounding towns. Maybe a town would like a shipment of 200 pumpkins one week. Maybe a town will want 150 melons and 200 strawberries.
itā€™s your job to cultivate and fulfill these requests of your neighbors.
maybe there is a ā€œstock marketā€ of sorts that change every day the prices of crops in demand to neighboring towns.

Outsourcing would also be an option

discovering a small island while out with Willy on a boating trip, this small native island is ripe for cultivating.
You are given a 2nd farm on the island but on one condition.
The people of the island requests your help by farming, expanding, building houses and shops like before, this wasteland of an island can become a new and exciting place with your help.
Hire the carpenter of SD to build you a boat.
The boat can have upgrades for storage at a cost.
I know itā€™s similar to ACNH but itā€™s not a ā€œuniqueā€ story to begin with but would fit much better with this game.
new random events such as hurricanes and typhoons on the island can destroy your new farm and force you to restart your growing operation. Perhaps it can effect your development.

ladies and Gentlemen.....
Welcome to Stardew Isles

perhaps Jojo has brought attention to the higher ups of the land that your town is not ā€œpaying taxesā€ or something and you now have to struggle to come up with the money to buy all the land that you guys are living in by paying a debt each season to avoid having them come and take away your land to start expanding the cities.

these ideas come to my attention because the game doesnā€™t really mention other places. At times you feel like you are the only people alive in some weird, apocalyptic society.

TLDR
expand on the neighbors and bring more attention to other places around your valley

Last edited:

Tara

Greenhorn
The ability to create open multiplayer games that go into a list that anyone can join without needing codes.

Chocolette

Newcomer
Iā€™d like to be able to craft vinegar. Apples placed in keg could make apple cider instead of wine. Place that in a cask to turn to apple cider vinegar. Or maybe milled rice could make rice vinegar.