I wish the night market was a monthly event.

goboking

Rancher
Instead of the night market stopping in Pelican Town for three nights in winter, I'd like it if they came on the third Monday of every month. Not that this would have any significant impact on game play, it would be nice to experience the event during different seasons, and it would lessen the one year-wait between visits.

Having a night market (or something alike) every season seems pretty often to me.
But maybe there could be a market in front of the community center in summer similar to the night market in winter.
And instead of the submarine what about a hot-air balloon and something to catch in the sky/clouds?

Last edited:

Lappy

Sodbuster
My sense is that most events in the game equate to real-life happenings. Some are more obvious - Spirit's Eve = Halloween and Feast of the Winter Star ~ Christmas.

To me, the night market is equivalent to the kickoff to the holiday shopping season. It's like Black Friday weekend.

The other issue with adding events is that they usually cut off that map section and/or messes up the clock for that day (e.g. even if you stay for a short time, you exit at midnight). The night market is different in that it doesn't do these things. But because it seems to use a different map (crab pots/chests don't appear while night market is happening), it could still be an inconvenience for some.

If there was some way to incorporate added markets - either as night markets or at the community center or other locales - without disrupting the maps and clock, I'd be all for it.

imnvs

Local Legend
But because it seems to use a different map (crab pots/chests don't appear while night market is happening), it could still be an inconvenience for some.
It absolutely does use a different but similar map for the Beach during the Night Market.