PC HELP- prismatic slime loophole?

moonsetter

Greenhorn
for the wizard's large quest (new in 1.5) I've been hunting for a prismatic slime to get that jelly... but the one I found was a special slime, the kind that's guaranteed to drop loot, and instead of the jelly, dropped a glow ring. this was a massive disappoint– i'm not sure i can find another one in time for the quest as the part of the quest that asks to slay a prismatic slime is fulfilled. I'm not sure this should be possible? does anyone have any ideas or tips?

Last edited:

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
The special slime is different than the prismatic slime. You just have to keep hunting for it (it's rare but can appear anywhere were regular slimes appear). If you don't find it in the time limit, the special order will show up again in the future

moonsetter

Greenhorn
thank you so much, I appreciate the clarification! been playing since 2016 and I really love the new features in 1.5!!

Teer22

Newcomer
I know this says "solved", but I actually just ran into the same issue. The prismatic slime was also a special slime, and upon death only dropped a glow ring. The quest ticked off that I had killed the prismatic slime, but I never got the jelly and could not finish out the task.

This happened to me, too. I didn't even know about special slimes, but I think it did drop a ring - and definitely didn't drop prismatic jelly, which I only discovered the next day since it was 1:50 when I slayed it. Can't remember if I rapidly teleported away (after the loot magnetted to me) or fell asleep in the mine, but I failed the quest, which didn't check off the first objective of slaying the prismatic jelly (definitely the color-cycling real deal). I've tried to take the quest multiple times since and searched extensively, but the prismatic slime doesn't reappear.

Odin

Staff member
This should be fixed in 1.5.3! Please mention if it's still an issue for you after updating.

KemoroTrimern

Newcomer
This should be fixed in 1.5.3! Please mention if it's still an issue for you after updating.
Not the exact same issue, however My friend and I just tried to complete the quest and where able to get the Prismatic Jelly however it did not register the slime kill in the log and now we're unable to get another to spawn.

Odin

Staff member
Not the exact same issue, however My friend and I just tried to complete the quest and where able to get the Prismatic Jelly however it did not register the slime kill in the log and now we're unable to get another to spawn.
That's odd, are either of you playing with mods?

Deathbot01

Newcomer
Hi there! Thank you all for keeping this great game going and fixings bugs.
I am indeed in this same boat.- found special prismatic slime on lv 59 in mines.
Killed him after taking that massive hit from his special attack dmg.
But alas, only a glowing ring was his gift to me.
Oh! P.s- no mods installed.

Attachments

Nouveau

Greenhorn
I just had this happen last week. No mods, game up-to-date with the patch that should have fixed it months ago. Got a ring instead of the jelly- log updated to say I'd found it, but the Wizard wasn't having it. Not sure if it matters, but it was a co-op. I haven't had the same issue in any of my single-player saves.

I just had this happen last week. No mods, game up-to-date with the patch that should have fixed it months ago. Got a ring instead of the jelly- log updated to say I'd found it, but the Wizard wasn't having it. Not sure if it matters, but it was a co-op. I haven't had the same issue in any of my single-player saves.
Huh. In case it helps, I believe the next update after my comment resolved it for me, but I am in a single-player game.

lizzieminnie

Newcomer
Hi, I've just had this issue again in my up-to-date game, but the slime dropped an iron sword instead of the jelly. I'm playing singleplayer with no mods.

drycleanonly

Newcomer
Just had this happen to me as well. Was bouncing back and forth between level 0 and 5. Saw a prismatic but noticed it had the flower/star antenna on it. When I killed it, it dropped a small magnet ring but not the prismatic jelly. The quest now shows that the slime has been slain but I don't have the prismatic slime to turn in. I've spent a couple more days floor hopping on the mine but haven't seen another. I'm not sure if another will spawn now that the quest shows I've killed one.

Game is up to date on current version with no mods.

Thaddeus

Newcomer
This just happened for me too :-( was on the last day and I was so happy, went to the wizard assuming it just doesn't show as an item aaaand yea, it dropped some boots n no slime

Kurt

Greenhorn
Did this quest on my switch first time, so knew how it goes and was very confused when all I got was a pair of rubber boots while playing on pc ._____. (game is up to date, no mods, singleplayer)

Edit: I tried to do the quest again and I got the jelly!!
prismatic jelly.png

Last edited:

ichbinwach

Greenhorn
I must've misunderstood... so, what you're saying is that the slime was both prismatic and special, and it didn't drop the jelly? That's not intended.
hey eric! I literally just encountered this issue and made an account just to post about it in an old thread and stumbled on this one as well. I’m playing the most recent version on switch as a solo player, vanilla game/console. It was both special and prismatic, after I killed it it on level 5 in the regular mines, it dropped a level 2 Wood Club and the quest registered that I had killed the slime and to turn the jelly in, but alas, I had no jelly. Just for fun I took the club to the wizard but it was a weapon and ungiftable. It was definitely special and prismatic, I’ve done this quest several times on other saves and didn’t have this issue. I tried to take a 30 second rewind video but my storage was full, but I made some memory space in case I get unlucky again. I just wanted to let you know just in case everyone thinks it’s fixed, the few threads I’ve found seem to be closed.

I’m super excited for the new update and future game! 1000+ hours logged across 3 platforms, you’ve made the perfect game!

ETA: other people were having issues with co-op. I don’t know if it matters, but several hours before this instance, I was playing split screen with my husband on a separate save. When he went to sleep, I closed our split screen save, and loaded my solo save without closing out the game application- i just went back to the title screen and loaded my solo game, which nobody has ever joined. Don’t know if that matters! After I left this comment I reloaded the day and found the NON-special prismatic slime, it dropped the jelly no problem. A special prismatic must be crazy odds to not have a bug report for this in several years :P cheers!

Last edited:

SandSandwich

Newcomer
Hey, this just happened to me. It was a special and prismatic slime and it only dropped a carving dagger :(

On switch, vanilla, singleplayer