Windows [HELP] Malaysia Co-Op Servers Connection Fails around GMT12.00PM to GMT4.00PM

ezxela

Newcomer
Hello, my friends and I from Malaysia have been experiencing trouble connecting during Co-Op every time we try to log in at around 8.00p.m. to 1.00a.m. local Malaysian time, which should be peak hours for us gamers to be playing this fun game. This results us to play only during midnight to avoid the lag (still laggy during midnight just not as bad)

Co-Op crashes, bugs

8pm to 1am server lag
details:
Whenever I invite 3 of my friends within these hours, their screen would always show "Connecting..." for a long time, around 5 minutes and succeed or "Connection Failed" after the "Connecting..." screen after the time. We all tried repeatedly to enter but it fails every time within this time. Only the host does not have this problem while the others all have this problem.

Midnight server lag (1a.m. onwards)

We play during midnight every day, and there are still server lag related issues that happen almost every day from time to time such as:
1. Delay in opening chests/the fridge for one or two minutes, or even half an in-game day.
2. Long loading times whenever some players enter the next floor of the skull cavern/volcano or another location
3. Different time frames amongst players, e.g. the host is at 7.00p.m. now but the other player is at 4.30p.m.. I found an alternate fix to this game which is Pausing for the other player's lag to "keep up" before it shows "Pause" at the top left screen and on the updated time frame. While e.g. Player A is lagging and at 7pm and the host is not lagging and at 9pm in skull cavern, Player A can see the host at his current floor teleporting everywhere while the host has already moved on to the floors at the bottom. Sometimes the lag is like Player A places a bomb but the bomb takes like 30 seconds or 1 min to explode.
4. They also have trouble picking up loot when they defeated a monster in the mines, or even just harvesting crops because of the lag. The things just scatter there and it is not collected.
5. The server disconnects the players away sometimes and they need to reconnect again and then they need to

That's all for now, I hope the issue(s) can be resolved soon. Thank you!

Corvus

Sodbuster
There is no external server, as there is with the usual online game. Rather whoever it is that created the file and invited the others is the 'server.' To quore the Wiki:

The player who created the world is the "host", and the other players are "farmhands". The host has the save file on their system, and can play it in both multiplayer and single-player mode. If the host isn't online or the farm isn't currently open to other players, then farmhands can't access the world or their characters in that world. Farm ownership can't be transferred to farmhands without modding.

Bolding mine. It sounds like issues with your ISP to me. Have you tried letting one of the other players being the host?