PC [HELP] I lost half of my money??

kuzubitchi

Newcomer
Hi, I'm a beginner at Stardew Valley (Started like 4 days ago), and I was wondering if anyone has any idea what happened to my money.
I'm in Year 1, summer, day 21. I had 12000g. I sold some crops and minerals, slept, got my daily earnings summary, progress saved, and when I woke up I only have 6000g left.
Where did half of it go??
Everything looks normal. I still have my crops, there's no mail, there was no message, nothing unusual. I also didn't do anything different the day before (watered farm, walked around, collected shells etc). Is this a bug?
I worked so hard on that money so I would really appreciate an explanation! Thanks!

con

Cowpoke
not sure why it happened, do you have any mods installed at all or did you faint from staying up too late and get billed?

even so, quick way to get it back is with a save editor

kuzubitchi

Newcomer
not sure why it happened, do you have any mods installed at all or did you faint from staying up too late and get billed?

even so, quick way to get it back is with a save editor
I don't have any mods. I'm in coop and I used to share the money with my partner. Now I only have 6000g and he has 1000g and I'm soooo confused now. Everytime I sleep there's always a "progress saved" notification so I dont know anymore..

Odin

Staff member
I'm in coop and I used to share the money with my partner. Now I only have 6000g and he has 1000g and I'm soooo confused now.
If you both have a different amount of money, it means you changed from shared money to split money. So it sounds like before splitting you both had a pool of 12,000g and after you each had 6,000g. Then your friends spent 5,000g. Would that line up with what you've done in the game?

kuzubitchi

Newcomer
If you both have a different amount of money, it means you changed from shared money to split money. So it sounds like before splitting you both had a pool of 12,000g and after you each had 6,000g. Then your friends spent 5,000g. Would that line up with what you've done in the game?
He didn't spend it as he wasn't playing with me at that time. Basically we played together last night, then I played more alone and then this happened. :((

Odin

Staff member
He didn't spend it as he wasn't playing with me at that time. Basically we played together last night, then I played more alone and then this happened. :((
Huh, I'm not sure what the issue would be then

Sancaires

Newcomer
Hi, I'm a beginner at Stardew Valley (Started like 4 days ago), and I was wondering if anyone has any idea what happened to my money.
I'm in Year 1, summer, day 21. I had 12000g. I sold some crops and minerals, slept, got my daily earnings summary, progress saved, and when I woke up I only have 6000g left.
Where did half of it go??
Everything looks normal. I still have my crops, there's no mail, there was no message, nothing unusual. I also didn't do anything different the day before (watered farm, walked around, collected shells etc). Is this a bug?
I worked so hard on that money so I would really appreciate an explanation! Thanks!
similar thing happened to me, but i lost ~104k... was saving to upgrade barns and coops...