PC [HELP] Game Crash after completing the day with error message "Index was out of range"

Jip

Newcomer
Hi there, I have just encountered a problem with my Stardew Valley save file (I will include my error message below as well).

What happened is the following: I played my day completely. I play in an online multiplayer with one friend and we married each other, however, the child-question hasn't occurred yet. I was playing modded, with two simple mods, one that allowed me to see my XP progress and one that allowed me to exchange Qi tokens back to money. These mods have never caused me any issues before and I have been playing with them for about an in-game year. I thought maybe the problem was with my mods, so I updated them and tried again, but the same crash kept happening. Of course, after this I thought the problem might still be with my mods so I played the same day without mods, but the same error keeps occurring. I'm not sure how to fix this, as the game currently doesn't allow me to get past day 27 of year 3 as it crashes every time we go to sleep. The only new things I tried were: getting a desert obelisk and gathering the ostrich egg (including making an incubator and placing it inside).

I hope someone can help me with this, because I thoroughly enjoy the game and it would be a waste to have a corrupted save file.

Kind regards!
Jip

Here follows the full error log:

Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
InnerException:
Stack Trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at Netcode.NetArray`2.get_Item(Int32 index) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetArray.cs:line 55
at Netcode.NetList`2.Enumerator.MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetList.cs:line 370
at StardewValley.GameLocation.drawLightGlows(SpriteBatch b) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 13913
at StardewValley.GameLocation.drawAboveFrontLayer(SpriteBatch b) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 13904
at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.drawAboveFrontLayer(SpriteBatch b) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\FarmHouse.cs:line 1955
at StardewValley.Game1._draw(GameTime gameTime, RenderTarget2D target_screen) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 19409
at StardewValley.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 18697
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 642
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 156

Game Version: 1.5.3
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Multiplayer (Host)
In-game Date: fall 28 Y3 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

Last edited by a moderator:

Reini

Newcomer
I just had a crash of the game - v1.5.4 - when i went to bed. Currently i am not using any mods. I returned from ginger isle and went to bed with tripple shot espresso still active. My cat was in bed as usual. I think the clock turned to 01:00 exactly when i hit the bed/cat. My character is not married and never was. I played single player from the start. I am not sure but i think i had the galaxy sword in hand when i went to bed. I started this session on the first of spring year two and didn't stop until the crash. The game worked perfectly fine for the first nine days in spring.

There are some similaritys in the error log - mine is in german but i play the english version.

Message: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
InnerException:
Stack Trace: bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.SetRenderTargets(RenderTargetBinding* pBindings, Int32 renderTargetCount)
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.SetRenderTarget(RenderTarget2D renderTarget)
bei StardewValley.Game1.SetRenderTarget(RenderTarget2D target) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:Zeile 13672.
bei StardewValley.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:Zeile 18691.
bei StardewValley.GameRunner.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:Zeile 642.
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
bei StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:Zeile 156.

Game Version: 1.5.4
SDK Helper: GalaxyHelper
Game Language: en
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
In-game Date: spring 10 Y3 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

After the crash i restarted the game and walked around a bit, went to bed a little past 09:00am and it did not crash again.
I hope this info helps to track down that bug.

Attachments