Mac [Help] Constant crashes on MacOS at random for second player during online multiplayer.

riscuit

Newcomer
My girlfriend and I have sunk quite a lot of hours into Stardew. We mainly play online multiplayer via the invite code. I'm on PC (host) while she's on M1 MBA macOS Monterey. Some days we can play hours with no crashes, but most days she will crash out 5 or 6 times. I cannot find a pattern to the crashes, they seemingly happen at random. I have never crashed.

I then switched to hosting on my Steamdeck, same thing. She crashes, I don't. I then switched to hosting on my own M1 MBA (same as her) and again, she crashes, I don't.

I then updated her to macOS Ventura, and still, she crashes and I don't. Although now both of us are on Ventura, there is now a weird video stuttering that comes and goes.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Steam and Stardew on her macOS, didn't help.

I've noticed that right before she crashes, she usually can't pick any items up and her character freezes on my screen while she can still move around on hers. This made me think that she's randomly losing network connection and that's making her crash? I tried to connect via LAN and she still crashes. My last resort was to try a hardwired LAN by connecting a CAT6 cable directly from my PC to her Mac, but I couldn't get that to work. If anyone knows how to do that I'd give it a try.

We don't exactly want to spend the money on building a gaming PC right now so that's not really an option.

I tried to have her on my steam deck hooked up to the TV, while I'm hosting on my PC. That solved the crashing problem but since the steam deck was really designed to be handheld, once connected to my 4k TV, the scaling is all messed up. It's incredibly zoomed in even at the lowest zoom setting unless I bump up the resolution closer to the native resolution of the TV. But by that time my steam deck is screaming for mercy and drops frames.

The strangest thing is that it seems to only affect her Mac. I never crash even when I'm on the same exact MacBook with the same exact OS Version.