heard y'all like ama threads

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I think that once you wrote that you live far from a city. When you look out your window, does it remind you (just a tiny bit) that you might be living in a Stardew valley?
the view from outside my house actually does look a lot like the valley a bit, but i feel like SDV has better internet than me hahahahaha

What is the first video game you played?
oh lord, my first games were probably super bomberman 3 or pokemon yellow. i also remember playing a bit of sonic the hedgehog 2 as a kid. the first game i ever owned fully by myself was sonic advance, but i had handmedown games like pokemon yellow and crystal

What month and year is your longest save on?
My furthest save was year 5 and I was probably in spring or summer, but it was my very first file and i don't play it anymore

Dr. eeL

Farmer
Wow, that is a great reply and picture! Without the road, it could substitute for the forest at my farm. I am very fond of trees, so I always leave a significant chunk of my farm in its original condition. I am sad that there are so many tree stumps along the Eastern edge of Stardew village (particularly along the river's edge). I tried to plant new trees there, but to no effect.
Question number 2: What do you think of my characters Hoppy and Woody? You can be like Penny and be tactful, or you can be honest (which I would find more interesting).

Lauren1593

Tiller
the view from outside my house actually does look a lot like the valley a bit, but i feel like SDV has better internet than me hahahahaha
View attachment 4534

oh lord, my first games were probably super bomberman 3 or pokemon yellow. i also remember playing a bit of sonic the hedgehog 2 as a kid. the first game i ever owned fully by myself was sonic advance, but i had handmedown games like pokemon yellow and crystal

My furthest save was year 5 and I was probably in spring or summer, but it was my very first file and i don't play it anymore
Looks a fair bit more colorful than North California here. I live in Placerville, and much of the the surrounding areas tend to lean to be a monotonous shade of green and some brown, or takes the term “Golden State” much too literally.

Do you practice photography at all?

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Question number 2: What do you think of my characters Hoppy and Woody? You can be like Penny and be tactful, or you can be honest (which I would find more interesting).
I haven't read much in the fan works section beyond some posts, sorry ): so I can't really give you a solid answer, but I did like what I read so far. I'll let you know when I do read more though!

Now the real question, what was the hardest item you had trouble getting?
In my very first game, the purple mushroom haunted me! It was the last item I needed to complete the community center. For my game now, I have no idea. I finally got a tea set in my latest save which was extremely hype for me

Do you practice photography at all?
Aw, I'm still sure it's pretty there! The pic I shared was taken quite some years ago, but it does look about the same now. I would say because of the seasons, though, we didn't have an amazing fall last year so it looked kinda bleh outside

To answer your question: haha, I don't, my camera is actually pretty bad too. I don't take photos all too much... would be nice though! Selfies can be a good self confidence building type thing.

Lauren1593

Tiller
Aw, I'm still sure it's pretty there! The pic I shared was taken quite some years ago, but it does look about the same now. I would say because of the seasons, though, we didn't have an amazing fall last year so it looked kinda bleh outside

To answer your question: haha, I don't, my camera is actually pretty bad too. I don't take photos all too much... would be nice though! Selfies can be a good self confidence building type thing.
Spring colors are sparse, but pretty when you do find color.

I did recently upgrade to the Sony A7C last month (hence why I hesitated to buy the Stardew Valley board game). Coming from a Canon G7x, the A7C with 50mm F1.4 lens is amazing. High ISO is hardly an obstacle anymore, and it is nice to actually have a hotshoe. I only ever did one selfie portrait with it though, mostly due to lack of willing subjects at the time.

I shot with the Canon G7x for a couple years though before upgrading. I’d probably recommend this or an older RX100 over an entry level DSLR for learning with, as they’re very small, the image quality gets close, the lenses are a fair bit better and more flexible than most kit lenses, and you’re not investing into a lens system before knowing the basics. And once you do step up to a mirrorless or DSLR, you still have a capable sidearm camera that will also easily sneak into concerts. :cat:

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
absolutely gorgeous!!! thank you so much for sharing :heart: and thanks for the recs too!

have you discovered the purpose of life?
do you practice any religions?
no, but i think it's in human nature to not really know the purpose. have i accepted this though? yeah!

i'm religious but i typically don't openly share my beliefs since i think people come to conclusions very easily based on that

Dr. eeL

Farmer
While watching TV, I paused on a commercial for internet coverage by a leading communications company and looked closely at the map of how great their coverage was. Sure enough, there were some nice blank spots in North Carolina. Probably not enough customers willing to pay their excessive rates.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
New question. What is the difference between and administrator and a moderator?
Administrators have a bit more control than moderators do. Our duties are the same, but I also help with back-end stuff like making forum nodes, changing templates, editing rules, etc.

Do you like spicy food?
I like some spicy food! I'm not too big on like, big peppers or raw peppers but I enjoy it

Do you like milk? I love it, its just cute, sweet and delicious at the same time. I love cows too.
I like milk! I LOVE cows :D