Have you ever upgraded your Trash Can?

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hello everyone!

There hasn’t been much talk about Trash Cans (the tool) on the forums, but I think they’re really interesting!

On my Joja-route farm I upgraded mine all the way to iridium. It was great fun! I’m about to do the same on my latest farm.

I was just wondering if any of you have done the same?

It feels easy to disregard them, because they aren’t used as much as other tools. But they become much more interesting when you upgrade them.

You definitely won’t make back the money you spent. But I enjoyed all the different designs, and the notion that nothing is wasted!

Plus I’m really slack about heading to the Adventurer’s Guild to sell my weapons, except I don’t like wasting anything, so getting money through my trashing my weapons felt like a good compromise.

So if you haven’t yet, I encourage you to upgrade your Trash Can as far as you can afford. And if you’re like me, you’ll open up your inventory and smile at the sight!

imnvs

Local Legend
I regularly upgrade mine, actually. It means that when I'm in the mine I can trash stuff I don't care about and only hold on to the things I want, and that means I can stay in the mines longer without having to leave to drop stuff off in the chest I leave in the entry area.
You probably won't ever make up the upgrade price unless you tend to overfish
It's not about making back the price. You aren't likely to make your money back with statues of endless fortune too, but I'll still get some because they're a way to turn cash into iridium.

Sigrah

Farmer
I upgraded them one game, but that was only because Oscar the Grouch said he’d move into the farmhouse if I didn’t upgrade his trash can to bling bling purple iridium. Now, I just chuck him into the volcano as soon as I can.

Keithzzz

Tiller
Hello everyone!

There hasn’t been much talk about Trash Cans (the tool) on the forums, but I think they’re really interesting!

On my Joja-route farm I upgraded mine all the way to iridium. It was great fun! I’m about to do the same on my latest farm.

It feels easy to disregard them, because they aren’t used as much as other tools. But they become much more interesting when you upgrade them.

You definitely won’t make back the money you spent. But I enjoyed all the different designs, and the notion that nothing is wasted!

Plus I’m really slack about heading to the Adventurer’s Guild to sell my weapons, except I don’t like wasting anything, so getting money through my trashing my weapons felt like a good compromise.

So if you haven’t yet, I encourage you to upgrade your Trash Can as far as you can afford. And if you’re like me, you’ll open up your inventory and smile at the sight!
I usually only upgrade my trash can once I get to the point of the game where the cost of the trash can upgrades don't really impact me much anymore.

chia4890

Greenhorn
Hello everyone!

I wish I had upgraded my trash cans earlier! Even though it doesn't make you back much money in return, it's sad to think how many things I threw out getting nothing back! And just aesthetically that purple can is 👨‍🍳💋