Have holiday dialogue / things to do rotate on a 2-3 year cycle

Fireflydrake

Farmhand
Ahh, I remember the warm and fuzzy haze of entering my first Year 2, filled with new plans, motivations, and stamina levels...

...And I also keenly remember entering the first Holiday on Year 2, realizing all the dialogue / events were the same, and going "Huh, that's boring." Especially with things like, say, the Halloween type maze, seeing the same ice sculptures, same carnival games, yadda yadda.

So what I'm suggesting is--like movies, and Lupin paintings--holiday events have different dialogue / events on a rotating 2-3 year cycle. I'm not suggesting drastic overhauls, but rather a few tweaks that give you a reason to keep attending those events without altering the rewards available.

As some examples:
- Have a different Halloween maze (mostly reused assets, just different layout. Mutant bugs in cage instead of skeletons. Etc etc)
- Have different ice sculptures in the winter festival, and maybe a slingshot mechanic based snowball fight instead of fishing
- A couple carnival games that differ (maybe add a third game--one could be trying to find hidden items in soil by tilling ground, points based on finding them faster? Find chickens hidden in a field of grass by using your scythe? Something!)
- Mostly, just some fresh dialogue!

The main point being (in my experience, anyway), the game starts to run dry on typical things to do by the end of the third year range, so new content for each holiday up to that point would be appreciated.

imnvs

Local Legend
Well, not all that long ago, year 2 dialogue was added for events. Year 1 they say something, and then in year 2 all the NPCs say something else at events... and after that everything alternates.

Fireflydrake

Farmhand
Well, not all that long ago, year 2 dialogue was added for events. Year 1 they say something, and then in year 2 all the NPCs say something else at events... and after that everything alternates.
Was this in 1.5? If so, that's terrific! I'm entering Year 4 so I guess I'll soon see.

Even then, though, some variance to the events beyond dialogue would be great.

tomaO2

Planter
I don't consider it a priority but, yes, more dialogue and changes to the holidays, especially new mazes, would be nice.

I've been playing nothing but 1.5 for a month now, I did every event for the first 4 game years, and the first time I recall there ever being any alternative dialogue was when I finally married Abigail. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed this.

imnvs

Local Legend
I've been playing nothing but 1.5 for a month now, I did every event for the first 4 game years, and the first time I recall there ever being any alternative dialogue was when I finally married Abigail. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed this.
Hmmm... perhaps it was only for the Egg Festival. I could have sworn it was a general update across festivals, but it appears I was misremembering. I'm only finding the Egg Festival dialogues added in the changelog right now.

Fireflydrake

Farmhand
So I just got to the other spring festival and, indeed, the dialogue was the same as before. I wonder why only the egg festival dialogue changed?

Anyway, that makes my original request still stand, please!

So I just got to the other spring festival and, indeed, the dialogue was the same as before. I wonder why only the egg festival dialogue changed?

Anyway, that makes my original request still stand, please!
Hmm I'm not sure but my guess is that it was a festival with a storyline of sorts (Pam spiking the punch), and then we got a continuation of that next year? But I agree it would be great to have at least a new set of dialogue for the rest of the second year and a few tweaked assets. I was thrilled to find out Pierre was running stalls for all festivals now and after playing so many times I just check out his wares, 'do the festival', and go home XD

KactusNZ

Cowpoke
Hmmm... perhaps it was only for the Egg Festival. I could have sworn it was a general update across festivals, but it appears I was misremembering. I'm only finding the Egg Festival dialogues added in the changelog right now.
Yeah it's just the egg festival. I'd LOVE if this was the case for every festival (though I'm not that bothered about the night market as I'm usually busy submarine fishing the whole time <_<)