Has anybody suggested villagers moving in/out of Stardew?

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
I imagine something like this has probably been mentioned before, but it would be awfully nice if some villagers moved in or out of town. Like, if you don't marry Sebastian, it would make sense for him to eventually pack up and head to the city. Or maybe have other folks move in. I guess the ine thing I'm really feeling is missing is a sense that Stardew Valley has a past and a future; every year is the same after you move there. People should get married, have kids... Evelyn and George should probably, um, die eventually, too. It would make the game endlessly more interesting.

To add to that, anybody else feel like maybe you shouldn't be able to be *everybody's* best friend? It doesn't exactly have to be rife with cliques, but maybe you just can't spend enough time with everybody to get super-close to them all. F'rinstance, Abigail, Sebastian, and Sam all have a band; it makes sense that if you hang out with one of them, you'd get closer to all of them. But maybe Sam's folks don't like his friends because they're a noisy garage band, so if you're pals with all of them, Sam's parents won't ever get to ten hearts with you, or some such.

Kind of a quick and bare-bones example, but I hope it's clear enough to make sense!

Ereo

Helper
About characters moving and dying, I think it would be nice story progression wise, but hard to implement.
After all, you could marry everyone after another, so I guess some people would be annoyed is Sebby moved away.

I was thinking the same thing about friendship yesterday!
It's totally unlikely to be best friends with my best friends mum! Even if we got along great, it would be a very different level of friendship. I don't know how to solve this in game, though.

I'd also like if the 10th heart was harder to obtain than the first. It's fairly easy to get hearts with loved gifts. Shouldn't reaching a best friend status be harder than an acquaintance?

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
About characters moving and dying, I think it would be nice story progression wise, but hard to implement.
After all, you could marry everyone after another, so I guess some people would be annoyed is Sebby moved away.
True... but maybe you don't have to be able to do *everything*. I mean, you already can't please both the Juminos and Joja. Which isn't a great example... But it makes sense that maybe Emily wouldn't WANT to marry you if you'd already been hitched to her sister. Some doors closing because of choices you make can add replay value to the game, and makes things feel a little more special.

I'm all for things that remind me of Animal Crossing. I actually liked when animals in town would move away, or move in. It brought a little new aspect to the regular day to day game.

Chililover

Planter
I think concerned ape said something about not wanting to implement death feature or them moving away,
maybe a villager taking vacation feuture, or when you get married you can go on vacation s, but anything more might be a bit too realistic!

A Junimo

Planter
I imagine something like this has probably been mentioned before, but it would be awfully nice if some villagers moved in or out of town. Like, if you don't marry Sebastian, it would make sense for him to eventually pack up and head to the city. Or maybe have other folks move in. I guess the ine thing I'm really feeling is missing is a sense that Stardew Valley has a past and a future; every year is the same after you move there. People should get married, have kids... Evelyn and George should probably, um, die eventually, too. It would make the game endlessly more interesting.

To add to that, anybody else feel like maybe you shouldn't be able to be *everybody's* best friend? It doesn't exactly have to be rife with cliques, but maybe you just can't spend enough time with everybody to get super-close to them all. F'rinstance, Abigail, Sebastian, and Sam all have a band; it makes sense that if you hang out with one of them, you'd get closer to all of them. But maybe Sam's folks don't like his friends because they're a noisy garage band, so if you're pals with all of them, Sam's parents won't ever get to ten hearts with you, or some such.

Kind of a quick and bare-bones example, but I hope it's clear enough to make sense!
NOT MY VILLAGERS!!!!!! Nuh-uh!!! I got my darn heart broken in Animal Crossing because Apollo moved away!!!!! WHY?!!!!!
But, yes, I agree with your other points. Especially the rival couples and kids stuff; I live for that. It's like, the center of my writing.