Getting Married Spring 17 Year 1. Have I missed a friendship source?

BlaDe

Farmer
You would have to plant them in the greenhouse/ ginger island. Technically if you could plant them by the 6th with deluxe fertilizer then they would grow by the 14th. Getting the seeds isn't too hard and getting greenhouse access by the 6th is doable. The problem is getting to the island isn't possible till you can farm the hardwood and will definitely take longer than the 6th.

Maybe you can get deluxe fertilizer from a bundle reward?
If purchasing, the earliest you can get the greenhouse is the 7th.

5th, buy the membership. 6th, buy the greenhouse. 7th, have access to the greenhouse.

BlaDe

Farmer
This also has the benefit of not having to get foraging to 10, which would make things a Lot easier. Would this work? Somewhat related, Does shopping count as opening your inventory?
A shop menu (and the shipping bin) does not count as opening your inventory.

To be specific, it is the Social Page that triggers meeting Robin and Pierre. Opening your inventory loads the Social Page as one of the tabs.

BlaDe

Farmer
I touched on meeting Elliot earlier in the original post, but I will expand on how the billboard works for those who are interested.

The game uses the C# Random class for most of its RNG checks. For determining what the type of quest will be, the game uses Random((int)Game1.uniqueIDForThisGame + (int)Game1.stats.DaysPlayed). uniqueIDForThisGame (commonly known as game seed) is a number saved to your game save that is used for a lot of RNG calculations. DaysPlayed is self explanatory. The key thing is that each day, the seed passed into Random will increase by 1 each day. A RNG result is a number between 0 and 1. To determine the type of quests, this Random is called once. When a Random is called once and the seed has increased by 1, the result increases by ~0.5224253141891330 (ignore any whole numbers). This means that every 2 days the result increases by ~ 0.044850628378266

To determine what quest you get on the billboard, the following ranges are used.
0 - 0.08 - Resource Collection (e.g. Clint asking for ores)
0.08 - 0.18 - Slay Monster Quest
0.18 - 0.53 - Nothing
0.53 - 0.6 - Fishing Quest
0.6 - 1 - Item Delivery Quest - This is the one we want.

By a (fortunate?) coincidence, the person who is chosen as the recipient uses the same RNG result as selecting the type of quest, and it is tied into how many people you know and the order that you meet them.

If Haley was the only person met, then the quests will always be for Haley.
As mentioned above, opening your inventory meets Pierre and Robin. I do not want to go through a play through not being able to open my inventory (no crafting!).
By meeting Robin and Lewis first, then Haley, the ranges for whoever is chosen looks like:
0 - 0.333... - Robin
0.333... - 0. 666... - Lewis
0.666... - 1.0 - Haley
Note that since we can only get Item Delivery Quests from 0.6 - 1.0, we will never get a request for Robin.

If the RNG result on the 2nd is 0.67, then the numbers look like:

Guaranteeing Item Delivery Quests for Haley from the 2nd to the 14th (Note 12th has no quests due to being a day before a festival).

If I meet Elliot on the 13th, then the ranges look like:
0 - 0.25 - Robin
0.25 - 0.5 - Lewis
0.5 - 0.75 - Haley
0.75 - 1.0 - Elliot
And Elliot takes the last quest on the 14th. I lose 150 points to gain 100 points.

The last thing to consider is meeting Elliot before Haley:
0 - 0.25 - Robin
0.25 - 0.5 - Lewis
0.5 - 0.75 - Elliot
0.75 - 1.0 - Haley
If the RNG result is 0.75 on the 2nd:

And we don't get a billboard quest on the 14th.

The numbers are close, but they aren't there for meeting Elliot before the 14th unfortunately...

imnvs

Local Legend
Does opening the crafting menu through a workbench count as opening the social tab? If not, you could get that and place it without opening your inventory. That would give you access to crafting even if you had no chests. Then you could build a chest, access the chest without opening the social tab...

Then you could actually do it without opening your inventory and without restricting yourself from crafting.

Last edited:

BlaDe

Farmer
Does opening the crafting menu through a workbench count as opening the social tab? If so, you could get that and place it without opening your inventory. That would give you access to crafting even if you had no chests. Then you could build a chest, access the chest without opening the social tab...

Then you could actually do it without opening your inventory and without restricting yourself from crafting.
That..... could actually work!

I could meet Elliot first, then Haley (and someone else in between - Demetrius probably, so I can go above 25k without detriment), and be able to complete the introduction quest!

It means no zooming out, no screenshots, no adjusting music levels... but I can route around that.

Hmm, you may have just made this possible on 1.5!

BlaDe

Farmer
Update: Got through day 1 last night. I can confirm that crafting with a workbench doesn't meet Robin and Lewis.

I have to retrain myself to not hit E all the time, and hit F (open the journal) instead for pausing time.

Run is off to a good start - looks like this will work! Starting day 2 with the workbench and 3310g

BlaDe

Farmer
I do have to say that I'm pretty proud to be the one to find the key to enabling this one. I am interested to see the results... and interested in the seed # too. 😉
It was a brilliant suggestion - you deserve to be proud.

Here are my "notes" (more of a scratchpad) of the route. Seed is 110948655. Certain RNG can be checked on Mouseypounds predictor. My predictor has a billboard mode to check quests.

I stream my runs, link in my signature.

imnvs

Local Legend
I'm currently digging in the code in the ChatBox (Discovered I can take screenshots through it recently; helps with my not opening menu requirements; and wondered what else I could do) and stumbled across something that could help.
And now I'm indirectly responsible for you possibly finding an easy workaround for all platforms to a persistent bug that has been extremely annoying to the playerbase? Glorious! 😄😄😄

Last edited:

BlaDe

Farmer
Update: I completed the run!

1629368166068.png

I remapped E to F so I could use my journal for pause buffering, and not risk my muscle memory accidentally opening my menu.

I got to the desert on the 9th - I used geode farming to get the cash.
The current meta for minmax runs is to hunt for diamonds on floors 85/95/105/115 while killing void spirits for savage ring and combat xp. Since I couldn't open my menu I couldn't change my zoom levels so this wasn't a good option for me. I had good geode spots on 81 so I mainly farmed for geodes on this floor.

Once we got the 10 hearts and proposed on the 14th, we had some fun with the slingshot. Each hit of the slingshot drops 30 points. By the end of the day I had proposed, and dropped friendship to 0.

On the wedding day, the dialog afterwards is unaffected, but she refuses to kiss. On subsequent days you get the standard low heart marriage dialog.

She will still dance with you at the flower dance though.

Boo1972

Farmer
Update: I completed the run!

View attachment 6177
I got to the desert on the 9th - I used geode farming to get the cash.
The current meta for minmax runs is to hunt for diamonds on floors 85/95/105/115 while killing void spirits for savage ring and combat xp. Since I couldn't open my menu I couldn't change my zoom levels so this wasn't a good option for me. I had good geode spots on 81 so I mainly farmed for geodes on this floor.
My phone thought your list of floors was a phone number. I almost called it.

Congratulations! That’s very impressive. I have a question. Do you make money from the geodes by selling the contents? That must have been a lot of geodes.

You’ve inspired me to try to marry Haley summer of year 1. I know that doesn’t sound too hard but the earliest I’ve ever been married is to Penny spring 7 year 2.

Elenna101

Farmer
My phone thought your list of floors was a phone number. I almost called it.

Congratulations! That’s very impressive. I have a question. Do you make money from the geodes by selling the contents? That must have been a lot of geodes.

You’ve inspired me to try to marry Haley summer of year 1. I know that doesn’t sound too hard but the earliest I’ve ever been married is to Penny spring 7 year 2.
For everything except omni geodes, it's more valuable to just sell the geode rather than the contents. But yeah, you can get a lot of geodes by finding a rock beside an elevator (on a floor ending in 5) and repeatedly going up to floor 0 and back to that floor and breaking that rock. A small amount of in-game time passes as you go between floors, but when going to a non-zero floor you can eliminate a lot of that by pausing once the screen goes black, the transition to the other floor will continue to happen while paused. Blade specifically picked a game seed with a well-placed rock that gave geodes.

For omni geodes, they sell for nothing so it's best money-wise to wait till you get the desert open, trade some of them for artifact troves, and then use Mouseypounds' Stardew Predictor website to alternate between omni geodes and artifact troves so that the geodes pad out the "total geodes opened" count and you only open artifact troves when they give a golden pumpkin, pearl, or treasure chest.
If you don't want to use the predictor website, then yes, just open them and sell the contents.

imnvs

Local Legend
Once we got the 10 hearts and proposed on the 14th, we had some fun with the slingshot. Each hit of the slingshot drops 30 points. By the end of the day I had proposed, and dropped friendship to 0.

On the wedding day, the dialog afterwards is unaffected, but she refuses to kiss. On subsequent days you get the standard low heart marriage dialog.
I still can't get over this... like... did you do it just to see if you would still get married?

BlaDe

Farmer
I still can't get over this... like... did you do it just to see if you would still get married?
I had previously done a run speedrun style to marry Sebastian at 0 hearts to see what would happen.

Chat requested I do the same for Haley.

psylensse

Greenhorn
This is super impressive, congrats!! Also really interesting to see how the quest billboard determines quests - I need to reread it a few more times to fully understand it, but thanks for taking the time to explain!
I had a question: how do you avoid meeting Willy and Marnie? Don't you meet Willy as soon as you get the fishing rod, and Marnie when she comes to give you your cat or dog? I tried not getting the fishing rod, but the first billboard request was for a fish and that sorta forced my hand. As for Marnie, from the wiki it seems like you can delay meeting Marnie based on when you decide to cash in and earn $1000. Do you just put it off as long as possible?

BlaDe

Farmer
This is super impressive, congrats!! Also really interesting to see how the quest billboard determines quests - I need to reread it a few more times to fully understand it, but thanks for taking the time to explain!
I had a question: how do you avoid meeting Willy and Marnie? Don't you meet Willy as soon as you get the fishing rod, and Marnie when she comes to give you your cat or dog? I tried not getting the fishing rod, but the first billboard request was for a fish and that sorta forced my hand. As for Marnie, from the wiki it seems like you can delay meeting Marnie based on when you decide to cash in and earn $1000. Do you just put it off as long as possible?
Good questions.
I didn't get the fishing rod. I made sure that the quests I got was not for any fish, and didn't go to the beach after opening my mail.

Marnie comes on Sunny Wednesdays and Fridays after you have earned 1000g (Or any day from the 20th, but the run is over by then). She also only comes before 9:40.

The first Wednesday always rains. I did a weather manip to make the first Friday rain. I completed the vault on the 8th, and bought desert warp totems on the 9th (Tuesday). This allowed me to warp out of the farm without meeting Marnie on the 10th and 12th. If I didn't have these, I could either wait until 9:40, or manip the weather for those days.

BlaDe

Farmer
Hmm, interesting idea. Complete the Warehouse and pay the 500k... I will look at it to see if it is possible to bring the date back further (in which case it may not be Haley that is married, as it would be completely separate from birthdays).

That is a lot of early money, would need to use hellevator geodes on a seed that drops 2 magmas and 2 omnis once you have geologist.