Windows Game Freezing During Save

digitalbacon522

Greenhorn
Hello - I'm using SMAPI, but not running the game with any mods. I just sometimes use SMAPI to add items to my inventory. It's been fine until just now, for some reason it freezes while trying to go to the next day (on Summer year 1, day 22. trying to get to 23). I found another thread instructing to get the parsed error logs on smapi.io, so I've done that - here's a link: https://smapi.io/log/0050087eda804defa35d1059d362cfb8?Mods=game~SMAPI

(Edit: Sorry, quick correction, I am running the CJB mod, I forgot... but I don’t think this error is related as I’ve been using it for days without issue previously. apologies if this needs to move to a different section)

Not really sure what it means or what I should do to correct it, though. Any help would be appreciated!!

Last edited:

digitalbacon522

Greenhorn
Update on this, in case anyone else runs into it... I was reading the error log to try and understand a little more, and I noticed it was saying that a process was "already being used by another application." This was strange, as I didn't have anything else running, and certainly didn't open any Stardew files in another window or anything. A restart didn't work... I loaded my game, then put my guy directly back to bed and it still was freezing with the same error. On a whim I decided to turn off my anti-virus just because... and for some reason, that worked. Loaded, went back to bed, and it advanced to the next day. I don't understand it, but somehow the anti-virus was interfering with one of the files.