Forked event in temp map, only playing 1 result for both paths

ErzaMichaelis

Newcomer
Hi! I'm trying to fork and event within a temp map. But the same result is playing for both fork paths. It's not playing the alternate path. This is how I have it formatted:

Hi! I'm trying to fork and event within a temp map. But the same result is playing for both fork paths. It's not playing the alternate path. This is how I have it formatted:
{
"Format": "1.29.0",
"Changes": [
{
"Action": "Load",
"Target": "Maps/HarveyAnniversary",
"FromFile": "assets/HarveyAnniversary.tmx"
},
{
"Action": "EditData",
"Target": "Data/Events/Town",
"Entries": {
"2127759/f Harvey 1250/t 2000 2200": "script/question fork0 \"What should I do?#Yes#No\"/fork declineHarvey/script"
}
},
{
"Target": "Data/Events/Temp",
"declineHarvey": "script"
}
}
]
}

What am I doing wrong? Earlier I got a "the given key was not present in the dictionary" error for "fork declineHarvey". But now the error is gone but the 1st paths result is playing for the 2nd path too.
Thanks in advance!!!!

Last edited:

Noonsa

Cowpoke
Here's my script which is working:

{
"Target": "Data/Events/CommunityCenter",
"1696631/C": "Saloon1/32 18/script/question fork0 \"Question?#Join Pierre and Caroline.#Join Jodi and Kent\"/fork NoonsaPCPubQuiz/script/end",
"NoonsaPCPubQuiz": "script/end",
},
},

The only difference I can see is that I've loaded them both into the same target (events/communitycenter) but yours are split between two targets (events/town first, then events/temp after). For the sake of testing, have you tried sticking them both in events/town?

I'm sure you've already figured it out since this post is a few weeks old, but there's also the Stardew Valley discord which has a #making-mods channel which is very popular and frequented by people much more knowledgeable than me. It might be worth joining the discord if you didn't discover the answer to this yourself!