Fishing 😡

Rallysandy

Newcomer
Hi. I’m new here so not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I cannot fish at all. Catching them is near impossible. I’m so bad I don’t even bother now and I leave my rod at home. But I need fish for the community centre. Does anyone have any tips for catching. I’m playing on a switch .

Ereo

Helper
Do you have the training rod?

The higher your level, the bigger your fishing bar gets. The training rod defaults the size to level five which helps a lot. You can also try to get some food that raises your fishing level.

For training, the mountain lake in front of the mine is good because there are some fish there that won't move at all. You can also raise your level with crab pots. You can get some from the CC with beach forage and a crab from the mine.

hexnessie

Farmer
What Ereo said, definitely get the training rod (it's only 25 gold!) and don't worry if you only pull up trash or algae - they give fishing experience too.

Don't try to fish in the ocean at first. Aim for Carp (in the mountain lake) as it is the easiest fish to catch.

With each fishing level gained, your green bar will expand until it takes up 1/4 (nearly 1/3) of the screen. Fish don't stand a chance!

Edited to add: If you still have trouble reeling in Carp with the training rod, don't despair - try just fishing for trash on your own farm (there should be a small pond there). You will level up fishing this way too, although slower.