Finally….

Omg, a miracle, after 4.5 years in game, my second run, I got a prismatic shard. Secret forest. Then, with my new sword, got another in the 50s of the mine. It’s been driving me nuts for months. Glory be, I had a feeling today would be the day, damn it feels good.
It took that long?!?! I got my first prismatic shard in year 1. That's crazy. Well, I'm happy for you anyways! Glad you finally got it!

IntoxicHeart

Planter
Omg, a miracle, after 4.5 years in game, my second run, I got a prismatic shard. Secret forest. Then, with my new sword, got another in the 50s of the mine. It’s been driving me nuts for months. Glory be, I had a feeling today would be the day, damn it feels good.
congrats! I don’t remember when I acquired my first prismatic shard in my first playthrough … but I do know I made a mistake with it. I thought Haley would love it… so I gifted it to her. Holy crap was I surprised by her response! XD

haywud

Farmhand
congrats! I don’t remember when I acquired my first prismatic shard in my first playthrough … but I do know I made a mistake with it. I thought Haley would love it… so I gifted it to her. Holy crap was I surprised by her response! XD
I learned that the hard way too. I remember using a guide to see what gifts villagers liked, and I noticed a trend of people liking the prismatic shards... but I didn't read the entire thing so I assumed everyone liked them.... nope lol.

IntoxicHeart

Planter
I learned that the hard way too. I remember using a guide to see what gifts villagers liked, and I noticed a trend of people liking the prismatic shards... but I didn't read the entire thing so I assumed everyone liked them.... nope lol.
lol. This makes me feel better that I’m not the only who thought she’d love it, gift it to her, only to receive an unfavourable response. Won’t deny that I even briefly felt offended that she hated it. lol

haywud

Farmhand
lol. This makes me feel better that I’m not the only who thought she’d love it, gift it to her, only to receive an unfavourable response. Won’t deny that I even briefly felt offended that she hated it. lol
When I gave one to her and she hated it, I had a few choice words for her that I probably shouldn't repeat here lol. By the way your signature immediately makes me think of the cuccos in Zelda, especially Breath of the Wild where they will even go after enemies. Zelda chickens are terrifying lol.

IntoxicHeart

Planter
When I gave one to her and she hated it, I had a few choice words for her that I probably shouldn't repeat here lol. By the way your signature immediately makes me think of the cuccos in Zelda, especially Breath of the Wild where they will even go after enemies. Zelda chickens are terrifying lol.
lol … I did as well. So, I can possibly imagine.

And that’s spot on for the inspiration behind my signature! It’s because of Zelda: Ocarina of Time… where I was first traumatized after my regretful mistake of assaulting a chicken … and learned to never underestimate the strengths of a chicken lol.

haywud

Farmhand
lol … I did as well. So, I can possibly imagine.

And that’s spot on for the inspiration behind my signature! It’s because of Zelda: Ocarina of Time… where I was first traumatized after my regretful mistake of assaulting a chicken … and learned to never underestimate the strengths of a chicken lol.
I'd share, but yeah this is a family friendly forum lol.

Never hit the chickens in a Zelda game, ever! They will swarm you like there is no tomorrow, and do their best to make sure that there is no tomorrow for you. They will hunt you down and peck your eyes out, well at least I like to think so anyway lol. Then again it's hilarious in Breath of the Wild to pick one up and throw it at an enemy, because if they hit it they are pretty much screwed. You can take your bows, and you can take your swords and shove em... because the chicken is the ultimate weapon. 😆

NextPaige

Planter
I'd share, but yeah this is a family friendly forum lol.

Never hit the chickens in a Zelda game, ever! They will swarm you like there is no tomorrow, and do their best to make sure that there is no tomorrow for you. They will hunt you down and peck your eyes out, well at least I like to think so anyway lol. Then again it's hilarious in Breath of the Wild to pick one up and throw it at an enemy, because if they hit it they are pretty much screwed. You can take your bows, and you can take your swords and shove em... because the chicken is the ultimate weapon. 😆
Facts! Plus, they can be used as a glider if you’re carrying one and jump off a cliff!

Savagerider

Tiller
Oh, Haley. I’m curious to romance her this play through. It’s my second run through and so knew the power of it to upgrade something, so it’s been a major goal. Got to be the best part of this game, the random chance. If I didn’t get so butthurt about losing my stuff in the mines, or 300 hours without something, it wouldn’t be as fun.

IntoxicHeart

Planter
Oh, Haley. I’m curious to romance her this play through. It’s my second run through and so knew the power of it to upgrade something, so it’s been a major goal. Got to be the best part of this game, the random chance. If I didn’t get so butthurt about losing my stuff in the mines, or 300 hours without something, it wouldn’t be as fun.
Just don’t give her a prismatic shard lol Only NPC to absolutely hate it, while everyone else just loves it.

imnvs

Local Legend
Haley hates the only thing that is prettier than she is.

Confused

Rancher
I don't even remember when I got my first prismatic shard, I know darn well it defiantly wasn't when I first started the game though! What are you gonna do with your shard by the way?

Savagerider

Tiller
It’s my second save, so I knew I wanted to take it to the desert. Is that too spoilery? Even though this save I was going for a chill and sustainable farm, I hit the mines extra hard. But no. If things were easy, they would not be as fun. I got Ginger Island unlocked a while ago, but why bother without the hardware?