Farm tips?

Tom

Farmer
3 ingredient for quality sprinklers
buy the iridium sprinklers there.
past floor 81 as I've started to struggle a little with the monsters, were I'm using a claymore as well as boot with 3 defence and 3 immunity as well as 2 rings
Quality Sprinklers:
Once you get to floor 80, you have access to abundant Iron, Quartz, and Gold ore. That's all you need to make Quality Sprinklers. I normally hang out visiting floor 80-84 for several days so I can make 5 to 15 Quality Sprinklers.

Iridium Sprinklers:
Yeah. Again, they are only a bit better than Quality Sprinklers, IMO.

Floors 80+:
I know that money and food can be tight. But I rely on food to get me through The Mines since I am neither interested nor competent when it comes to a lot of combat. Kale and Hops are really good food. Also, avoidance is a very good combat strategy.

It's just iron, gold, and refined quartz. The first two are simple and easy, just grind out floor 40-60 and 80-120. The second one is equally simple and easy. Do you know all of that quartz that you've been stockpiling from the mines? Put it in the furnace. Or you can fish up broken CDs and broken glasses on the farm or other trash-rich places and recycle them to get refined quartz.
thank you, I didn't know that was a the way to get refined quartz

LRangerR

Local Legend
interesting, I've only got the one bee house at the moment as a reward so I'm not to use to them, how would you set them up to produce flavoured honey?
Many of the flowers, poppys, tulips, etc, when planted close enough to a bee house will allow a bee house to produce "flavored honey". I don't know the required distance off the top of my head, but each different honey sells for a different amount.

truth that you only get to experience your first farm once. that's why i suggest experiencing your first farm with as little advice as possible
I did try to hold off for as long as possible but it's to the point where I wasn't sure what else I could add to it

Checking out the screenshot the biggest thing I'm noticing straight away is that your greenhouse isn't done yet. What do you still need for that? I would recommend that you focus on getting that done, getting preserves jars or kegs, and getting tool upgrades. Those 3 things will likely pay the largest dividends as far as productivity.

Reactions: Tom

LRangerR

Local Legend
I suppose you do experience your first farm once, but there many types of farm to experience for the first time
and this is why i always tell brand new farmers to ignore all pro strats and to just have fun and ignore forums and wikis and etc for their first playthrough. It's' an experience they'll never have again

Checking out the screenshot the biggest thing I'm noticing straight away is that your greenhouse isn't done yet. What do you still need for that? I would recommend that you focus on getting that done, getting preserves jars or kegs, and getting tool upgrades. Those 3 things will likely pay the largest dividends as far as productivity.
i am actively trying to complete everything for it as that will be extremely helpful, I just keep forgetting and selling some of the items for it or forgetting to buy them. I do have upgraded tools, a gold pick and steel and soon to be gold axe. I am currently trying to get the kegs but I do have 9 jars and their already showing their worth.

Cuusardo

Farmer
Definitely upgrade your tools as soon as you possibly can so that you can gather more resources. And always make sure to take food with you when you're out harvesting or hunting so that you don't run out of energy. Upgrading your hoe and watering can makes your planting go so much more quickly and take less energy.

Regarding sprinklers, I always try to get iridium sprinklers as soon as I possibly can. (Sometimes buying them.) They cover the most area and IMO save the most time. But until you get those, quality sprinklers are the way to go. The only time I've used a basic sprinkler is to fill up one of the water containers in my slime hutch.

If you're going to mass produce jellies/pickles/wine/pale ale/etc. definitely go with the artisan profession to turn up your profits. You can also go heavy on the animals and produce lots of cheese and mayo. I've found that going animal heavy is the way to go for the beach farm in particular, because there's so little tillable space where sprinklers can be used in comparison to all the other farm maps. You can do the biggest loads of both crops and animals on the standard and four corners maps.