English Typo/Display Text Errors

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Please report the errors you find here!

Please include:

• The exact text or a screenshot of it, so translators can find the line.
  • Which platform are you playing on (e.g. Linux, macOS, Windows, PS4, etc)?
  • Which game version do you have? (Click the "?" button on the title screen and check the bottom-left corner.)

Pathoschild

Planter
@wildandblue The save only has your in-game info like the name and favourite thing you entered on the save creation screen. It doesn't have any info from outside the game like your computer name, specs, real name, etc. You can make sure by reading the save data yourself, since it's essentially just text.

The save is mainly useful to see if I can reproduce the issue on PC, which would make fixing it much easier. It would also be useful to see your exact player name (including any special or invisible characters), since the empty spot before the comma should be your player name.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
@Pathoschild, thanks for that explanation. For this save I was trying out a bracketed item number farmer name, so I'm going to guess that may be the issue, and that a normal farmer name would display correctly.

Also thanks for all the great work you do for this game. You're amazing.

Atravita

Tiller
Does look like that specific line isn't capitalized correctly, though.

Characters/Dialogue/Abigail.json: "Sun2": "I wonder what would happen if I spent all night in the graveyard?#$q 17/18 Sun_old#@, What do you think happens to us after we die?#$r 17 0 Sun_17#I have no idea.#$r 18 40 Sun_18#We come back as spooky ghosts.#$r 17 0 Sun_17#We go to Heaven.#$r 18 0 Sun_17#Our energy bodies enter the astral plane.#$r 17 30 Sun_nothing#Nothing. We just cease to exist.",

alyasin521

Cowpoke
I also found some bugs, One day, as always, I first checked the calendar, then I saw the daily chance and weather report on TV, and I talked to Leah and my childrens, and then when I went out, I saw that a letter had been sent to me, and when I read it, and then I wanted to read the second page of that letter when I saw that the second page was empty.(empty_mail.jpg) and later, when I went to buy a chicken from marnie's and I bought the chicken, she just said (to her new home right away.) (marnie_talk1.jpg) and again I clicked on the page it just showed the dialog box without any letter's (marnie_talk2.jpg) And later that in Ginger Island, I talked with grim pirate He had too much screen space for his two lines of dialogue(grim_piratebig.jpg)And then when I visited the walnut room to check my progress, I saw that some of the writings were removed from the page and this problem still continues.(walnut_roomcheck.jpg)
oh, I forget encountered these problems in the latest version of the game on Android.

Attachments

aabicus

Greenhorn
Hello! There's an extra space between "was" and "an" in the dialogue with Sebastian from his 3-heart event. Picture included

Stardew Typo.png

Will_liamv

Newcomer
On switch, after marriage penny has I general reply of “I wonder if I’ll get married one day”
(I don’t have any screenshots)

Pathoschild

Planter
Hello! There's an extra space between "was" and "an" in the dialogue with Sebastian from his 3-heart event.
That's already fixed in the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.6. Thanks for reporting it!

On switch, after marriage penny has I general reply of “I wonder if I’ll get married one day”
I can't find that dialogue in the game files. Could the "I wonder if Maru will get married some day?" dialogue be the one you saw?

papupau

Newcomer
I had a quest to deliver Harvey a blueberry. When I gave it to him, code text appeared before actual dialogue, after this it continued as normal. I forgot to sc the previous parts. Playing on laptop with win10 through steam. I had accepted the quest before update 1.6.
1711396423710.png

pneuma163

Greenhorn
The save game file saves the bobber style that the player is using with the variable "bibberstyke" and while that's hilarious, it's a typo. I'm playing on Linux in 1.6.2.

Pathoschild

Planter
Journal scrap 11 has a typo ("year" should be "years")
Fixed in the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.6.4. Thanks for reporting it!

I had a quest to deliver Harvey a blueberry. When I gave it to him, code text appeared before actual dialogue, after this it continued as normal. I forgot to sc the previous parts. Playing on laptop with win10 through steam. I had accepted the quest before update 1.6.
The dialogue text was adjusted for that quest in 1.6, so the translation keys changed. It only affects quests started before 1.6, but if you still have a copy of the save before it was migrated to 1.6, I can look into adding a migration to fix those.

The save game file saves the bobber style that the player is using with the variable "bibberstyke" and while that's hilarious, it's a typo. I'm playing on Linux in 1.6.2.
Unfortunately we can't really rename it without either forgetting users' current style or having a duplicate field, so that'll probably stay as a quirk of the game code.