Does your replies matter?

TruePurple

Cowpoke
Sometimes in cut-scenes you get reply options(which you miss if you skip them) , and sometimes just chatting up NPC, but does the replies you choose matter to the game any? Like if you critizise the homless Linus for digging through trash verses say it's good, does that effect his opinion of you? And what happens if you skip that cut-scene?

Elenna101

Farmer
Some replies will give extra friendship points, others won't. For exact numbers, look up the character you're talking to on the wiki. If it gives points, the number of friendship points should be listed in the "Heart Events" or "Questions" section at the bottom of the page.

If you skip the cutscene, I would assume you don't lose or gain any friendship.

If you choose a “mean” reply, you lose friendship points. If you choose a “nice” reply, you gain friendship points. It’s up to you to decide which replies are nice and which are hurtful, but you can also look at the wiki.

TruePurple

Cowpoke
So the event where Emily and Haley are fighting over chores and ask your opinion, I don't see any mention it in wiki for either character, so that event reply doesn't affect the opinion of either of them with you?

imnvs

Local Legend
So the event where Emily and Haley are fighting over chores and ask your opinion, I don't see any mention it in wiki for either character, so that event reply doesn't affect the opinion of either of them with you?
That's Haley's 2 Heart event. 2 of the 3 responses will lose you friendship with her. 1 of the 3 responses will gain you friendship points.