Question Converting DGA content packs to CP

ellie_13

Newcomer
Hi! I'm trying to use this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/14317 [Seasonal Hedge Fence for DGA] on version 1.6 but DGA is dead and I tried to use a migrate dga items mod I found in nexus but it says you need a CP version of the dga mod for it to work. I don't know how to code so I'm not sure how to convert this mod into a cp version, can anyone help me? :'(

Dyanosis

Tiller
I replied to your comment in the Unofficial forum thread as well - it'd probably be better to reach out the User who made that DGA version to see if they'll convert it to CP. It will take some work, as the CP version will be a fair bit different (and won't, in my experience, be backward compatible).

It's possible to write a script to convert the DGA mod into CP, but I almost think it'd be faster to just write the changes manually.

ellie_13

Newcomer
I replied to your comment in the Unofficial forum thread as well - it'd probably be better to reach out the User who made that DGA version to see if they'll convert it to CP. It will take some work, as the CP version will be a fair bit different (and won't, in my experience, be backward compatible).

It's possible to write a script to convert the DGA mod into CP, but I almost think it'd be faster to just write the changes manually.
It seems the creator might not be updating :'( but I used it quite a lot in my farm so I'm quite desperate. Is there any way I could convert it to AT myself?

Dyanosis

Tiller
It seems the creator might not be updating :'( but I used it quite a lot in my farm so I'm quite desperate. Is there any way I could convert it to AT myself?
Sure you could! Check out AT's Nexus Page, specifically their Example Pack 7.2.4 file which contains examples of how to define textures for various objects. Doing textures for a fence should be very easy. Though I did have some problems getting a texture to work for a houseplant... kept saying there were invalid or no textures for it, even though AT said there were.

Worth a shot though.