Community Center

Marie

Tiller
I have filled all the bundles in the Craft Room except the Artisan Bundle. Must I fill the Artisan bundle first, or can I go on to the next room and fill the Craft bundle as I play? Or is it just my choice, lol

Boo1972

Farmer
I actually keep a pink (you could chose any color but mine is always pink) chest by the entrance of my farm to hold items needed for the community center, artifacts, and loved gifts for villagers. Then I don’t accidentally sell anything I might later regret. This method also cuts down on the number of trips I need to take into town.

Pro tip (which you probably know), open up your inventory and hover the cursor over the items in your backpack. The community center icon will blink of that item is needed for a bundle.

MissDandy

Farmer
I actually keep a pink (you could chose any color but mine is always pink) chest by the entrance of my farm to hold items needed for the community center, artifacts, and loved gifts for villagers. Then I don’t accidentally sell anything I might later regret. This method also cuts down on the number of trips I need to take into town.

Pro tip (which you probably know), open up your inventory and hover the cursor over the items in your backpack. The community center icon will blink of that item is needed for a bundle.
This is some of the best advice you can get if you're opting for efficiency when completing the CC.

Unrelated but speaking of chests, if you're doing extensive trips to the mines early on in the game, as in within the first few days, put a chest on the main entrance floor to the mines so that when your inventory space is limited but full after five levels, you can just go up, drop off your stuff and go right back down. Saves a lot of time.

Lew Zealand

Helper
This is some of the best advice you can get if you're opting for efficiency when completing the CC.

Unrelated but speaking of chests, if you're doing extensive trips to the mines early on in the game, as in within the first few days, put a chest on the main entrance floor to the mines so that when your inventory space is limited but full after five levels, you can just go up, drop off your stuff and go right back down. Saves a lot of time.
Same goes for Fishing as I usually keep a Chest near the Mountain Lake (be careful, Maru and Seb walk through a lot of the tiles there) and the Town River so there's no risk of Inventory overflow in early game.

Boo1972

Farmer
I put chests all those places too, @Lew Zealand and @MissDandy. I guess great minds think alike. I forget about the fishing chests after the second backpack. It’s strange to go through them later and find trash, bits of seaweed and the occasional geode.

I’ll also keep my furnaces at the top of the mines early on to make smelting easier. If I’ll feeling really ambitious, I’ll put recycling machines near the fishing chests- or more likely, consider it and then forget to bring one with me.

MissDandy

Farmer
It’s strange to go through them later and find trash, bits of seaweed and the occasional geode.
Hey these are top quality items when you start 🤣

Putting the furnace at the top of the mine is not something I would have thought of. I'll have to try it so save some time!

hexnessie

Farmer
Putting the furnace at the top of the mine is not something I would have thought of. I'll have to try it so save some time!
I do that in the early days, when I'm still running Mine levels repeatedly to get copper/iron/gold and only have limited number of furnaces. You can restart the furnaces with any ore you've found, and go back in, so for example by the time you exit the mine your copper bars will be ready.

I actually keep most of my crafting materials in the mines at first. It's where I find them, it's where I use them (at Robin's to build things), it's where it's easy to restart them every couple of minutes as I surface up.

My regular setup there is charcoal kilns, furnaces, bone mill, recycling machine, a dresser, 3-4 chests for various stuff, and the Monster Fireplace for ambiance.

FarmerJoJo

Planter
My regular setup there is charcoal kilns, furnaces, bone mill, recycling machine, a dresser, 3-4 chests for various stuff, and the Monster Fireplace for ambiance.
Nice set up with an eye towards some aesthetics. Is the dresser to make it easy to switch out rings or to dress appropriately for the different mine levels? I'm having fun picturing a stylish farmer swapping out between white and red outfits as they switch from mining the ice levels to lava!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Nice set up with an eye towards some aesthetics. Is the dresser to make it easy to switch out rings or to dress appropriately for the different mine levels? I'm having fun picturing a stylish farmer swapping out between white and red outfits as they switch from mining the ice levels to lava!
Actually the Dresser is a godsend for the fashionable Farmer! It's seemingly limitless for storage and self-organizes by clothing type so you can just bung the old outfit into there and it goes in the right spot immediately. Then just grab the new outfit and you're off.

I suppose the only thing I'd like is an option to dress a mannequin while in the Dresser so I could preview what I want to wear. You don't even have access to the current outfit you're wearing (the game could even use the Farmer as the mannequin, with a similar payload of sawdust in the head), but those are small complaints.

Marie

Tiller
Thanks for all the responses. I need to spend more time on the forums because today is the first that I learned I can keep chests in places I never knew. I only thought I could keep them on my property. I'm kind of a new player and this info is great.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I, for one did not know that. Thank you!
Yes, this is one of the very bestest tips I've learned here, such a convenience in early-mid game when trying to figure out which identical Fish or Tree sap-thing I still need.

Hill Myna

Farmer
I'd heard about this, but never really used it to full effect until this save. So useful! The only downside is since the Remixing gave me the Sticky Bundle, it now flashes every time I hover over Sap...

...super distracting having it flash whenever I want to trash the Sap that those annoying Slimes keep giving me. :D

hexnessie

Farmer

Cute, but, alas, no high fashions for me! I keep the dresser to have a place for all the shoes, rings, squire helmets and other accessories I keep finding in the Mines. It pains me to just trash them!

I wish there were a weapons rack type of furniture where I could dump all the swords, mallets, cudgels, carving knives, clubs, krises, falchions and other assorted sharp and blunt instruments other adventurers keep losing in the mines.

(Also Bone Swords should be possible to crush in the Bone Mill).

Elenna101

Farmer
I wish there were a weapons rack type of furniture where I could dump all the swords, mallets, cudgels, carving knives, clubs, krises, falchions and other assorted sharp and blunt instruments other adventurers keep losing in the mines.
Oh, that's a cool idea! I usually end up with a chest full of weapons that I never use sitting around somewhere.
Yes, I could just sell them to the Adventurer's Guild for a pittance, but you see, if I sold them, then I wouldn't have them. Or in other words, yay hoarding!

imnvs

Local Legend
I'd heard about this, but never really used it to full effect until this save. So useful! The only downside is since the Remixing gave me the Sticky Bundle, it now flashes every time I hover over Sap...

...super distracting having it flash whenever I want to trash the Sap that those annoying Slimes keep giving me. :D
If you donate the sap, it'll stop flashing when you hover over sap.

Reactions: Tom