Clint and Emily

Blugo

Tiller
! Spoiler about emily 8 heart event !
Hi, was I the only one frustrated by the relationship between Emily and Clint ? I was rooting for Clint, and hoped he and Emily would date, etc. But it didnt happened and I was so sad... I understand you can marry her so them being a couple is impossible, but could it change ? If, by example, you reach a decent amount of hearts with them and give good advices to clint, and events occurs and change the way emily sees clint... And they could be dating (clint give bouquet to emily), without living together. If you want to date emily, you could give her a bouquet and a special event occurs (and then clint doesnt speak to you during a week), or you delete their memories, etc.
Thanks for your concern !

Yuni Cosmo

Cowpoke
Exactly - this is why I have not dated Emily, simply because I don’t want Clint to be depressed, and I ship them so hard... I’d love for this to be an option! 😄

Then again, as you said, this is very hard to pull off due to her marriage candidate status. If they could, however, then they would probably be able to do the same for Abigail and Sebastian (maybe Harvey and Maru, but there is an age difference, at least I think there is), and other relationships, which would be awesome to see!

tomaO2

Planter
I think that this plotline was created before Emily became a marriage candidate? I know she was the last one added.

Given that her and Cliff are NOT becoming a couple, due to this game has a very clear bias against anyone dating anyone that isn't the MC (a feature I personally dislike), I think the storyline could, at least, soften the blow a bit.

Something like... after the movie theater opens, maybe Cliff could ask Emily out. You see them together the next time you buy a ticket, and the date just goes badly, and they realize that the relationship wouldn't work out, or something like that. Like, at least make it so he's not depressed about not getting the girl anymore. I think the game could do that much, at least. Let him have his shot, and then have them decide that it just isn't right for them.

Pluffy

Planter
I don't think Clint's story is not over, so I think he will be happy in the future-probably from becoming the new bachelor (he was one of the options before they picked Shane.)