Children update

Should concordape add more to having kids

• Total voters

abiphia

Greenhorn
I have some ideas about an update that adds more to having kids. I like having kids but I feel that their kinda pointless. Here are my ideas:

1. Unique looks. I feel that the way your kids look could be changed based on who your partner is (example, purple hair if you're with Abigail or black if you're with Sebastian)
2. Aging. I'm personally not a big fan of the fact that they stop aging at toddler. There could be more stages such as child, preteen, teen, young adult, and adult. There would probably be a growing cut off point though (I personally think it should be adult or teen.
3. Interactions. I feel that the kids should be able to interact with the world more as they grow up. For example, in the child to teen phase you can choose to walk them through the Halloween maze with you. During the teen and young adult phase they can hang out at the stardrop saloon on Fridays like everyone else. During these phases they might also participate in the dance. During the adult phase (if there is one) they might move away. After that they would send periodic letters containing money, food, or items to help around the farm. Maybe the type of items are dependent on your friendship level with your kids before they leave.
4. Chores. I feel that during the child through adult phase you could give your children chores including feeding the animals, watering/ harvesting plants, or putting water in the pet bowl. This would allow them to be a more useful characters and make them more realistic.

What do you guys think?
(Pardon any typos)

These are fantastic ideas and I agree with Danielle on what these ideas could look like if applied. I really hope these are highly considered in the future. It will add just so much more to the game and give us a better reason to keep playing the game more consistently.

Great ideas.

Anyway I like to mention that aging would of course affect everyone in SDV. Jas, Vincent and Leo would also have to grow up, Evelyn, George and Birdie might pass away - at least if it is to be realistic. So there would be a lot to think about....
This is true, but I don't think CA would let Evelyn, George, or Birdie pass away. We could still let the little ones age without having the elderly residents pass on. It doesn't have to be completely realistic.

Maher

Sodbuster
1. Unique looks. I feel that the way your kids look could be changed based on who your partner is (example, purple hair if you're with Abigail or black if you're with Sebastian)
This exists to some degree with Maru. You get children with different skin tones with her.

As for the rest of it, Freizeitfarmer points to the fundamental problem of time in SDV that hampers it.

ArtifactSpot

I’d like to be able to have 4ish kids. I love big families! And with a fully upgraded house with a cellar and the two extra rooms they would have plenty of room to chase each other everywhere like the two do now. Also they should age to the age of Jas and Vincent at least so they’d have friends in the village to play with and I could pay Penny to tutor them too. And for goodness sakes they should be able to be outside some everyday, not just once a season for festival. Maybe they could interact with the pet for added fun and fill its food and water bowls for a ‘chore’. And when you and your spouse have to be gone at the same time maybe be able to hire one of the villagers to babysit. I always feel so guilty leaving them all alone. :sweat:

I like the idea of that, maybe the older people don't die, the kids grow up to be about the 15-20, and your kids are more customized, and they can move into houses of their own. Of course, that can get complicated, with them getting married maybe, Vincent and Jas would get married and move into their own house, which I think should be in the little area overlooking Pierre's, and Leo... I have no idea. Maybe marry your daughter? Then some girl from the city visits the fair and your son likes her and they get married? If you wanted to help Pelican town expand, chop down cindersap forest and help Robin build houses for everyone by bringing her materials and you kids, all of the unmarried people you can marry help and some of them get together? I would love if you could expand Pelican town if you wanted, but if you didn't, you don't have to. You would have to be pretty far into the game, and you wouldn't need the forest anymore.

I think they mean the problem of not being able to play with mods. Most of Us mobile players can't play with mods, or have tried to, but can't figure out how.
Yeah, but I was referring to us console players where mods won't work at all. I wish, and hope, that CA can figure out a solution that can give us console players a way to do things the PC can without the need to mod our systems. That in itself is extremely complicated, not to mention risky even for those that have mastered it.