Challenge after achieving perfection

LoveElliotsHair

Sodbuster
I'm thinking about seeing how fast I could double my money after I had already achieved perfection. I have 13,000,572g in the bank.

So in contrast to starting out initially with nothing, I'm going to see how quickly it goes when I start out wealthy.

Sold everything (fish, ore, food, produce, seeds, etc.) chests and refrigerators are empty and only have tools in my backpack.

Basically have upgraded tools, transportation (warp totems, scepter) housing, capital (money, animals and fertile land) and machines.

Oops...I guess the silos are full of hay...hmmm..should I empty them?

What would you do first to grind out another 13,000,000g? How long do you think it would take?

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Keep the Silos, the grass in them isn't even alive anymore. Practically useless...

Pigs to Truffle Oil are an immediate g source. I suppose some endgame things like Golden Chickens would get the g really rolling in. Not sure if Starfruit Seeds from Sandy grown at the v1.5 place, then Kegged would be best ROI, or whether grinding for an Ancient Fruit seed would be better. But for that you'd probably need a Skull Cavern run first for Iridium to craft Sprinklers. Seems like a Desert Trip would be a nice start.

Just thinking out loud, no real planning here. I'll bet Sr. Gorilla will have some salient thoughts.

Challenge is what you make of it. I mean, the base game itself is not particularly challenging, because it isn't intended to be.

As far as challenging, as long as you retain your brewing and preserving infrastructure, you can recoup everything in a matter of seasons. Infrastructure is always the longest and most expensive part of any ramping-up period. You've already ramped up your infrastructure to accommodate whatever you decide to process, and the most valuable plants are the ones that are free... ancient fruit.

You could pretty easily do 13 mil in one year with all the infrastructure you are retaining. Heck, I can get close to that in my *first* year, starting from actual zero, if I'm actually pushing it and going purely for cash instead of also wanting a Y1CCC challenge (Year 1 Community Center Completion).

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Keep the Silos, the grass in them isn't even alive anymore. Practically useless...

Pigs to Truffle Oil are an immediate g source. I suppose some endgame things like Golden Chickens would get the g really rolling in. Not sure if Starfruit Seeds from Sandy grown at the v1.5 place, then Kegged would be best ROI, or whether grinding for an Ancient Fruit seed would be better. But for that you'd probably need a Skull Cavern run first for Iridium to craft Sprinklers. Seems like a Desert Trip would be a nice start.

Just thinking out loud, no real planning here. I'll bet Sr. Gorilla will have some salient thoughts.
Hallo, money you say?
Well, I happen to be, well, quite a connoisseur if I might say in the money making buissness.
Shall we begin?

Let's get the groundwork set, there are two scenarios in which we start, basically nothing and literally nothing, as you said, you already have the buidlings with hay and while the hay doesn't matter the silos can but since you already have animals there is really no reason not to keep it.
With my setup and no loss in my inrastructure I could make the 13 mil in about 4-5 ig days but with nothing but my upgraded tools and an empty farm it would take longer, there are some weird variables that cannot be accounted for such as using the mine elevator which is obviously already at 100% and gi which oens up more oopertunities but I would say I could make about 13 mil in 3-ish ig months from scratch, maybe 3 1/2 as it is from basically nothing and I haven't played start and mid game in months.
There is much more to say but it is late and i shall depart, reply if you have any questions or things to share, farewell!