Caroline's Sun Room

qaija

Sodbuster
It is the 25th day of spring, year 1. The weather is sunny. It is 9:20am. I have two hearts with Caroline. I enter Pierre's and see her in the room in the upper right hand corner and head there. I go up to her and say hello and she responds. I go back home, expecting to receive a mail from her the next day with the Tea sapling recipe. I wake up the next morning and there is no mail.

What am I doing wrong? When I Google "Caroline's sun room" I watch a video and before the character in the video even reaches the room in the upper right corner a cutscene begins.

Does it have to be Summer? The Wiki mentions no other restrictions to getting the Tea sapling recipe. I cannot think of what I have not done correctly.

Thank you for your help.

wadethebold

Cowpoke
It is the 25th day of spring, year 1. The weather is sunny. It is 9:20am. I have two hearts with Caroline. I enter Pierre's and see her in the room in the upper right hand corner and head there. I go up to her and say hello and she responds. I go back home, expecting to receive a mail from her the next day with the Tea sapling recipe. I wake up the next morning and there is no mail.

What am I doing wrong? When I Google "Caroline's sun room" I watch a video and before the character in the video even reaches the even room in the upper right corner a cutscene begins.

Does it have to be Summer? The Wiki mentions no other restrictions to getting the Tea sapling recipe. I cannot think of what I have not done correctly.

Thank you for your help.
Once you get two hearts with Caroline, enter the door in the kitchen and you should just get the little cutscene no matter what considering it’s her two heart event. After the cutscene you can go home and you’ll have the tea sapling.

Ereo

Helper

What am I doing wrong? When I Google "Caroline's sun room" I watch a video and before the character in the video even reaches the room in the upper right corner a cutscene begins.

Thank you for your help.
Sounds like you were in the kitchen - the sunroom is not visible on the map of Pierre's house. There is a door in the kitchen that you have to enter, and then a cutscene with Caroline will start. It doesn't matter where she is when you enter the room.

GDawney

Sodbuster
ummmmm.... you may want to consider crafting tea saplings and just selling them. They sell for 500G each. Tea leaves go for 50G and brewed tea is 100G. I craft 15 to 20 tea saplings and sell them about every two weeks (in-game time).

qaija

Sodbuster
ummmmm.... you may want to consider crafting tea saplings and just selling them. They sell for 500G each. Tea leaves go for 50G and brewed tea is 100G. I craft 15 to 20 tea saplings and sell them about every two weeks (in-game time).

hmmm That makes sense. I already planted 65 saplings, but you're suggestion makes sense. That is what I should have done...... This was my first game getting the recipe for saplings from Caroline. Hopefully with my next one I will improve.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
hmmm That makes sense. I already planted 65 saplings, but you're suggestion makes sense. That is what I should have done...... This was my first game getting the recipe for saplings from Caroline. Hopefully with my next one I will improve.
When people use them for cash that’s all they do, no one actually uses tea as it is incredibly bad, selling the saplings gets you much more cash and fast as well.

imnvs

Local Legend
The only tea saplings I actually plant are planted to be living fences on my farm. That's it. Yeah, I get some tea leaves out of them... but I don't care. Most tea saplings are sold.

Rhiannon

Farmer
The only tea saplings I actually plant are planted to be living fences on my farm. That's it. Yeah, I get some tea leaves out of them... but I don't care. Most tea saplings are sold.
I am an actual tea drinker and just like the idea of growing my own tea. I keep the plants inside and love to grab the leaves those few days each month. I save them up and when I have enough to fill my kegs with them, I make a big batch to sell.

chaskuchar

Sodbuster
where do i et the tea samplings. i made tea with the leaves that caroline gave me. i read the letter but i don't know how to get the information in it. is that where it says to get the tea samplings?

MissDandy

Farmer
where do i et the tea samplings. i made tea with the leaves that caroline gave me. i read the letter but i don't know how to get the information in it. is that where it says to get the tea samplings?
Tea saplings can be crafted. You will get the recipe in the mail after the two heart even like everyone is talking about here. You need wild seeds, fibre and wood. The grow time is 20 days, and each season the tea sapling produces "tea leaves" for the last seven days of the month, except winter. The best way to go if planting outside is to plant them on the first day of spring, that way you will get maximum yield for the year.

Lew Zealand

Helper
You craft the Tea Saplings using the recipe Caroline sent you the day after you get the cutscene with her in her sunroom.

It's just Wild Seeds (any variety), Wood and Fiber. Craft one, and then craft lots to sell for mega g income! For instance, the 65 saplings mentioned above would sell for 32,500g which is pretty much the easiest early game g available. Makes getting those Backpack or Farmouse upgrades soo much easier.

You'll occasionally see some crazy Farmers using all the g for Coops or Barns but these poor souls are deluded as the Tea Saplings are all about easy g with low effort. But animal husbandry is the polar opposite of easy. It's sooo sad seeing good ideas turn bad like that...

Last edited:

Koju

Greenhorn
Mmm just for a try, I tea farmed. Your numbers are low for both tea sapling profits potentials and production rates. For saplings 15-20 daily is not hard and 30 is doable. The mines around levels 20-25 have high spawn rates for fibre and boulders and are great for grinding fibres and stone by cycling between lv 0 and 25 using the elevator and only collecting fibre and stone. Getting wild seed by growing forage or putting mushrooms in a seed machine and collecting wood are all easy. Remember fibre takes no stamina to collect. This can add 5-10k per day to an early farm while still watering a garden and harvesting lumber.
As for planting and directly farming tea there are some issues simply related to time. It does free up most of the month but is an intense end of moth harvest. At a maximum it’s about a 90k a day endeavour, averaging around 1600 tea leaves per day if all you do is pick tea. Picking all day requires far fewer tea plants than you’d expect and is more about pattern and efficiency than numbers, given the tea plants will reset on the mobile version of the game is intentionally crashed. Getting significantly above 1600 tea leaves would be difficult without a change in game mechanic for harvesting. Pickled tea leaves sells for more than a cup of tea but takes significantly longer to make. The 90k per day is based on tea leaves with bonuses. Other factors; what else you do and what point your game is at will vary the amount, the low end is around 80k for a full day harvest.

GDawney

Sodbuster
Mmm just for a try, I tea farmed. Your numbers are low ...
Wow, thanks for the research. I am just a casual player, in that I am very casual in my approach to it all. I don't min/max and I am not interested in speed. So 15 to 20 saplings is just the right amount of work/gathering for my little farmer(s).