Solved Can't sleep / The game won't save [SOLVED]

Solarh

Greenhorn
At the end of the day when I press "Yes" to sleep, the game just resumes instead of saving and going to the next day. When I finally pass out, the game gets stuck on the saving screen (not frozen cause the dots are still moving.). After checking my SMAPI log I saw a string of errors so I'll paste those at the end of this post. Any help would be appreciated, I have numerous mods so I have no clue where to start in fixing the issue.

[Error from SMAPI v.3.11.0] : https://smapi.io/log/5eb74e0951c8485f9c7252dae0b60b2b

[game] System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: HarpOfYobaRedux.Instrument is inaccessible due to its protection level. Only public types can be processed.
at System.Xml.Serialization.TypeDesc.CheckSupported()
at System.Xml.Serialization.TypeScope.GetTypeDesc(Type type, MemberInfo source, Boolean directReference, Boolean throwOnError)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationWriter.CreateUnknownTypeException(Type type)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write51_Item(String n, String ns, Item o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write69_Chest(String n, String ns, Chest o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write97_Object(String n, String ns, Object o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write98_Object(Object o)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
at StardewValley.SerializableDictionary`2.WriteXml(XmlWriter writer) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SerializableDictionary.cs:line 138
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationWriter.WriteSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable, String name, String ns, Boolean isNullable, Boolean wrapped)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write129_FarmHouse_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK.Rev>(Object n, String ns, String o, FarmHouse isNullable, Boolean needType, Boolean )
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write188_GameLocation_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK.Rev>(Object n, String ns, String o, GameLocation isNullable, Boolean needType, Boolean )
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write235_SaveGame_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK.Rev>(Object n, String ns, String o, SaveGame isNullable, Boolean needType, Boolean )
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write236_SaveGame(Object o)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
at SpaceCore.Patches.SaveGamePatcher.SerializeProxy(XmlSerializer serializer, XmlWriter origWriter, Object obj) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.spacechase0\SpaceCore\Patches\SaveGamePatcher.cs:line 368
at StardewValley.SaveGame+<getSaveEnumerator>d__90.MoveNext_PatchedBy<spacechase0.SpaceCore>(Object )
at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c__DisplayClass88_0.<Save>b__0() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 386
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
[SMAPI] An error occurred in the overridden update loop: System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: HarpOfYobaRedux.Instrument is inaccessible due to its protection level. Only public types can be processed.
at System.Xml.Serialization.TypeDesc.CheckSupported()
at System.Xml.Serialization.TypeScope.GetTypeDesc(Type type, MemberInfo source, Boolean directReference, Boolean throwOnError)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationWriter.CreateUnknownTypeException(Type type)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write51_Item(String n, String ns, Item o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write69_Chest(String n, String ns, Chest o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write97_Object(String n, String ns, Object o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterObject.Write98_Object(Object o)
at StardewValley.SerializableDictionary`2.WriteXml(XmlWriter writer) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SerializableDictionary.cs:line 138
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationWriter.WriteSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable, String name, String ns, Boolean isNullable, Boolean wrapped)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write129_FarmHouse_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK.Rev>(Object n, String ns, String o, FarmHouse isNullable, Boolean needType, Boolean )
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write188_GameLocation_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK.Rev>(Object n, String ns, String o, GameLocation isNullable, Boolean needType, Boolean )
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write235_SaveGame_PatchedBy<Platonymous.PyTK.Rev>(Object n, String ns, String o, SaveGame isNullable, Boolean needType, Boolean )
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterSaveGame.Write236_SaveGame(Object o)
at StardewValley.SaveGame.<Save>d__88.MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 414
at StardewValley.Menus.SaveGameMenu.update(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\SaveGameMenu.cs:line 123
at StardewValley.Menus.ShippingMenu.update(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ShippingMenu.cs:line 340
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4080
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3872
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.<>c__DisplayClass40_0.<Update>b__0() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 185
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 696

image_2021-07-19_181334.png
Screenshot of the game stuck on the saving screen.

--- Solved by updating "Json Assets", "NPC Map Locations", and "SpaceCore".

Last edited:

Kreeate

Rancher
At the end of the day when I press "Yes" to sleep, the game just resumes instead of saving and going to the next day. When I finally pass out, the game gets stuck on the saving screen (not frozen cause the dots are still moving.). After checking my SMAPI log I saw a string of errors so I'll paste those at the end of this post. Any help would be appreciated, I have numerous mods so I have no clue where to start in fixing the issue.

[Error from SMAPI v.3.11.0] :
*snip*

Please go here and follow the instructions there to upload your full SMAPI log, then link it here.

Solarh

Greenhorn
Please go here and follow the instructions there to upload your full SMAPI log, then link it here.
After following some of the guidelines from the site you sent me, I was able to fix the issue by updating my mods. Thanks for the tool, I'm sure it'll be a lot of help in future!