PC [BUG] Steam Achievements/Status Not Recorded While Offline

Have you experienced this?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chaotic_Dagger

Greenhorn
When offline from steam, status like recorded hours and received achievements are not recorded.
This has actually been an issue I've experienced since 2016 however I never reached out. Since then I have switched between several computers and started 3 new save files and still have this issue.

This is achievable via launching the application directly without launching through steam.

I know this has occurred 100% because some achievements that are recorded in game are not on my steam achievement list. I also, until now, have never "achieved" completing the community center, all three times that I have, I have launched from my desktop home screen while connected to internet with actually playing through the cutscenes without skipping.

Also the time played recorded on my saves more than my steam time played. When I played first I had almost exclusively launched from the shortcut until I noticed this and am missing over 50 hours.

liquidcat

Staff member
I thought it was pretty standard for the games to not unlock achievement in offline mode. Are you able to get achievements in offline mode for other games?

Chaotic_Dagger

Greenhorn
Technically you're right, however, after giving it a second look the issue is that stardew valley doesn't require you to connect to steam, (the program not their servers) when launching outside steam stardew doesn't connect however I tested this with many other games and they all do connect. When offline from internet but connected to the steam program, achievements and play time still register.

To put it simply launching stardew from the home screen = steam not reading the game is being played/is running.

launching any other game from the home screen = steam registers the game as "running".

All in all, this is an issue but not one that would be seen as one universally, and may be hassle on another level to fix, however this is not solved.

Last edited: