PC [BUG] Machines disappeared in house when I woke up

Dlaka

Newcomer
When I woke up in bed the day after George's b-day, I woke up to a bit of an emptier living room. 2 preserves jars that were making jam, a furnace, a charcoal kiln, and the jukebox you get from Gus were just missing/gone. All these items were in the living room area against the walls, next to the tv and on the right side wall.

This seemed to only affect machines within a certain radius in the living room since there's a vase I have between where my kiln and furnace were next to the tv, and one of my 3 preserve jars in the living room is still on the right side wall, it is the furthest from the tv, closer to the bedroom entrance, but next to the ones that disappeared.

I tried reloading the game, but those machines are gone and not coming back.

It's fall of year 2, I don't use any mods, I'm not married, and my house is only upgraded to the kitchen, no nursery or cellar/basement yet.

The items also didn't just go invisible as I can place other things in those spots now.

Any help/ways to fix this would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ereo

Helper
If you haven't saved since, you can go back one day on PC.

Open the folder with your save files, there are two files with the same name, but one ends in _old. Copy the other one to a save location, then remove the ending '_old' and load the game.

I'm not sure what's causing this, so I can't guarantee they won't still disappear the next day. But it's worth a try.