PC [BUG] Golden Walnuts wasted when giving player an item on Ginger Island Farm (still there in vanilla PC version on Steam)

Planty

Newcomer
Hello fellow Stardew Valley inhabitants,
we encountered the following issue while playing in multiplayer on Steam using the vanilla version 1.5.4 of the game (no mods of any kind).

Both players were on Ginger island and it was the day of the Luau.
One player checked the island trader while the other went into the mushroom cave to get some chanterelle mushrooms for the festival.
We met in front of the cave and I wanted to give the mushroom, once i got the menu to confirm the gifting i confirmed.
Then next thing that happened were a swarm of parrots descending to the trader and "building" it again taking the respective 10 golden walnuts from us... again.
I got a message that the player is busy and cannot trade.

Once we confirmed that the walnuts were gone (knowing how limited they are) we exited the game so the day won't save.
We searched the forum and found one other thread with this issue (I used the same title deliberately) but it was marked as solved and according to the original poster may be related to mods.
Since we play the vanilla version I just wanted to make sure that the information is out there that this issue happens in vanilla version of the game without mods!

Hopefully this can be addressed as losing the walnuts and not having enough to build everything despite having collected all there are will be super frustrating.
We were lucky that we saw the parrots building the trader if it had happened off-screen we might never notice until we are stuck with too little walnuts.

All the best and still an amazing game! :D

Macwazowski

Newcomer
I’ve got this same bug on Xbox but unfortunately we didn’t restart the day and are out on 10 precious early walnuts before even getting the beach house. I have only seen this reported a couple times online and nobody has a fix yet. It’s happening on all consoles with local coop on the islands :(