Switch bug? game crashes when going to sleep

spotnoelle

Newcomer
I'm on Winter 16, Year 4, on this file and I can't seem to go to sleep to get to the next day without the game closing unexpectedly. The error screen says "The software was closed because an error occurred" after I go to sleep no matter what time during the day I do it (I've tried 3 separate times to get to the next day at varying times). I'm on the latest version of the game (I think 1.5.4.1 for switch) and this has never happened to me before today. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to fix it?

sailor_moon

Greenhorn
Me and my SO have played over 91 hours on a switch file and recently about 3 weeks ago on Year 4 Winter the co-op and online stopped working and continued to say “an error has occurred” whenever my SO tried to join!! I need help!! I wanna play w my BFF and SO but online doesn’t work for some reason when either of them try to join :(

Trinnity

Newcomer
Same thing happened to me, also playing on the switch. The most recent time it was around 10 pm in game at Ginger Island, Year 12, winter day 17. Had just spent the entire day planting starfruit and taro. Same error message. When I reopened the game and tried again, it didn't crash that time.

It's the 4th or 5th time my game has crashed since the last update. Never had problems with it before the last update.

catpot

Cowpoke
I'm on Winter 16, Year 4, on this file and I can't seem to go to sleep to get to the next day without the game closing unexpectedly. The error screen says "The software was closed because an error occurred" after I go to sleep no matter what time during the day I do it (I've tried 3 separate times to get to the next day at varying times). I'm on the latest version of the game (I think 1.5.4.1 for switch) and this has never happened to me before today. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to fix it?
I am receiving the same message too! I’m year 5 in winter. I’ve checked for switch software updates and any more stardew updates in case that was the issue. I deleted the game and redownloaded it. I restarted my switch. I’ve check for corrupted data even. None of these fixed the issue and I’ve tried the same day over five times. I wonder if it’s the update that fixed the blue flooring issue because I had the blue floor bug whenever I went to the islands and now I can’t save since it’s been fixed. :(