Switch [BUG] Enchantment Bug with Infinity Gavel - Can't Apply Artful

pagocay

Newcomer
The night prior I initiated the process to reset 3 skill trees (combat, farming, foraging) and created my infinity gavel from a newly purchased Galaxy hammer. Today's game day, all my money was randomly reduced to 0 (did not have much - probably 100k). When I try to enchant my Gavel, it will always cycle through everything EXCEPT artful. I thought it could be because Artful is applied to my dragonbone hammer, so I sold that and tried to apply it on the Infinity, no luck. I also sold my galaxy sword and tried to enchant, no luck. I tried to switch between enchantments/items, no luck. I've gone 3 days (reset) with about 9 enchanting attempts per day, and artful never pops up. I was thinking it could be related to changing my combat skill perk to Acrobat last night/that morning, which is a similar benefit to the Artful enchantment?

Edit: to be specific, it only rotates through 3 enchantments - Vampiric, Haymaker, and Crusader. It never enchants with Bugkiller or Artful. Unable to break the loop even when enchanting different items in between.

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
It's probably because of the way enchantments work. You can't check on the predictor with the switch, but This post explained it pretty well.

I'm not sure why all your money disappeared, that sounds like a bug to me.

imnvs

Local Legend
My friend... on my Beach Farm save I've gone through 20 prismatic shards and 400 cinder shards trying to get "reaching" on my hoe. I'm about ready to throw my computer out the window.

pagocay

Newcomer
It's probably because of the way enchantments work. You can't check on the predictor with the switch, but This post explained it pretty well.
I'm not sure why all your money disappeared, that sounds like a bug to me.
My friend... on my Beach Farm save I've gone through 20 prismatic shards and 400 cinder shards trying to get "reaching" on my hoe. I'm about ready to throw my computer out the window.
I'm reporting it as a bug because its behaving differently than it was before. It always used to remember the last 2 enchantments, but now is cycling between the same 3 or so. It was also easy to get whatever enchantment by changing the order of enchanting and if unsuccessful, then restarting the day. Regardless of how many times I do this, it ONLY rotates through Haymaker, Vampiric, and Crusader. Never Bugkiller or Artful. When I first started enchanting, it took me a couple attempts to get Vampiric when I wanted it...now I'm literally getting it every 2nd or 3rd enchantment. Maybe you're correct, but this is weird behavior imo.

pagocay

Newcomer
I don't know if this could also be related to another poster's thread, where they found that forging infinity weapons advances the enchantment seed?