Bolder blocking stairs by train station

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ahhhhhh yes, wheeellll that really is the question, isn't it? You need to achieve 100% Perfection in the game to unlock that little detail on the map and that part was only added in the v1.5 update. Yup, a portion of the map which has been in the code since the beginning and a source of curiosity and banter in online discussions, as well as mods which used that code to expand the game a bit, is now locked away from an achievement which maybe... 1% of players will ever get.

I'm not a fan of this but I'm actually pondering 100% perfection in one of my saves now that I'm bearing down on the Gold Clock...

Lew Zealand

Helper
On Spring 1, Year 3 an event will trigger at the Statue of Grandpa on the corner of your Farm. If you're past Year 3 and all the candles are not lit, then there's something else you can do. Are you in Year 3 yet?

ascii7

Sodbuster
Confusingly, there are two kinds of "perfection". Getting the "Statue of Perfection" is just the first. In the late stages of the game, there is a whole new area in the game map that you can unlock where you can eventually track and finish achieving the final form of 100% perfection. Only then do you get "The Statue of True Perfection", and also get past the boulder.

I've done it in two play-throughs. At that point, you've pretty much beaten the game. You can keep playing, but there is not much to accomplish aside from puttering around, slaying monsters just for grins, sprucing up your farm, hoarding gold, etc.