Audio Sounds in Stardew Valley

I am curious as to what sound in the game you can hear as the player when the sound is off! For me when the sound is off (I know it’s a travesty), I feel like i can hear the watering can with the pour sounds go. I have had to double check my sound setting on quite a few occasions because I thought I heard that water pouring sound.

What about you? (If any sounds are spoiler(ish) please mark your response as such so that the game does not get spoiled for others!

-Jmeisternixon

Odin

Staff member
@gybluebear Please avoid changing subject significantly within a thread! If you want to find others to play with, please do in the Multiplayer (LFG) section, and if you want to address someone specific about something beyond the topic of a thread, you can do so on their profile!

Odin

Staff member
I am curious as to what sound in the game you can hear as the player when the sound is off!
I typically have the sound on when playing, so I'm not sure I've experienced what you are referring to, but the sound of cutting through grass with a scythe is very memorable to me.

emfinlen

Greenhorn
I am curious as to what sound in the game you can hear as the player when the sound is off! For me when the sound is off (I know it’s a travesty), I feel like i can hear the watering can with the pour sounds go. I have had to double check my sound setting on quite a few occasions because I thought I heard that water pouring sound.

What about you? (If any sounds are spoiler(ish) please mark your response as such so that the game does not get spoiled for others!

-Jmeisternixon
I always can hear the mining, rock breaking sounds. Probably because I spend all my time mining.

VampireCake

Rancher
I prefer sounds on, music off. I've usually got youtube on for background noise, but I find the audio cues very useful - particularly monsters spawning, and the hoot-hoot noise just before you wake up that signals it's time to play another round of Where's The Stone Owl.